Thermostat not showing 'Cooling'

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Thermostat not showing 'Cooling'

Postby andyf0 » Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:24 am

Wes, I just happened to check the thermostat and noticed it wasn't showing "Cooling" when the Cool Control was ON. Am I imagining that it used to show that?
andyf0

Re: Thermostat not showing 'Cooling'

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:41 pm

MobiLinc does show this if the ISY can see it. I've seen cases where if your ISY is rebooted it won't get the COOLING/HEATING status of the Thermostat until the thermostat cycles from COOLING to Off and then back to COOLING.

If you think MobiLinc should be displaying COOLING check the ISY and see if the Admin console shows COOLING for your Thermostat.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:35 pm

The ISY shows Cool Control 'On' and in the Thermostat node Heat/Cool state shows 'Cool On'.

This worked prior to the current release, I'm merely suggesting it may be broken in the current release.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi Andy,

If the Cool Control is reading ON from the Admin Console, then the ISY should be sending this info to MobiLinc. Try doing a force close and reopen MobiLinc to force MobiLinc into getting the current status for everything. Does COOLING now appear on the Thermostat page in MobiLinc?

One more thing to check, does the Venstar have the Green front LED lit indicating it is actively trying to cool the house?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:30 am

Hi Wes,

Closing it down and re-opening it did the trick, I'll have to remember that in the future. Sorry about suggesting a bug. I wonder how it got in that state? Could it be related to the fact I replaced the thermostat adapter with an updated one? It must have done, MobiLincs cached data probably still had the old device information which makes me wonder how the other functions worked. Oh Well! All is good now.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Hi Andy,

Great! Glad that did the trick. I'm assuming it had to do with the old adapter being swapped out.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby andyf0 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm

Wes, I got into this state again and I think I know how I got there. If you manually adjust a set point using the up or down button on the thermostat screen it gets into the state where it doesn't display HEATING or COOLING. Normal thermostat scenes (setting ON) don't appear to create this problem. The only way I could get it back into normal operation was to Download All.
andyf0

Postby AdminWes » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi Andy,

I'm seeing an issue where my ISY isn't showing Heat when the thermostat is Heating. So I'm not sure what's going on with the latest beta firmware from UDI. I'll have to investigate this further on my end.

When you are in this condition what does the Admin Console say? Both the Admin Console and MobiLinc should be in agreement. Right now my Admin Console says nothing about Heating or Cooling and MobiLinc says the same thing. Not Heating or Cooling when the thermostat is Heating currently.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments