Can't differentiate devices in favorite scenes

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Re: Can't differentiate devices in favorite scenes

Postby ahwman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Everything I wanted to hear Wes! I'm still under my 30 day return window with SmartHome. How do I order and which version do you suggest the standard or the pro?
ahwman

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:22 pm

Hi ahwman,

You can order right through the website using your Credit Card or using Paypal. As for what version, the basic ISY-99i support 256 devices and scenes and 300 programs. The Pro version supports 1024 devices and scenes and 1024 programs.

For most folks the basic model meets their needs but it really depends on what your plans are for the future. Keep in mind that if you have a 6 or 8 button device that counts as 6 or 8 devices (according to the ISY). Each scene and an included device also counts against the 256 limit.

Let me know what else I can help answer either on the ISY or on the store.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ahwman » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:45 pm

I think I'll got for the pro just in case. I didn't know you guys sell Insteon devices and at cheaper than SmartHome! Good to know. Ate you still offering $10.00 off plus free shipping on orders over $200?

Thanks again Wes, I'm really excited about the ISY!
ahwman

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:07 am

Very good! Thanks for your Pro order.

No, we we're only running that special during the initial launch of the online store. Please check back with us every so often as we run different specials on the various INSTEON product and/or special discounts or shipping upgrades.

Once you get your ISY in place, let me know what you think and if you have any questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ahwman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:09 pm

Im looking forward to receiving it Wes. I was chatting with my friend today who said I should check out HomeSeer. How does HomeSeer compare to the ISY-99i other than the fact that it is stand alone software vs dedicated hardware like the ISY? Thanks again for all of your help!

God bless.
ahwman

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:38 am

HomeSeer is good if you have a lot of different technology that you want to bridge together, such as Z-Wave, Insteon, X10, RCS thermostats, Wi-Fi thermostats, etc. all under one setup. HomeSeer also gives some interesting control options like voice control to your setup. If you are only an INSTEON and X10 user, I can't really recommend HomeSeer over the ISY. The ISY just does it's job so well with an all INSTEON/X10 house that the other benefits to HomeSeer don't outweigh the ISY. The programming options with the ISY far outweigh the Event options offered by HomeSeer.

A big motivator for me is the ISY has such a small footprint, both physically and in power consumption that a dedicated PC running HomeSeer 24/7 can't touch it.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ahwman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks again Wes for the detailed answer to a generic question... By the way, can the ISY-99i be controlled by an iPad/iPhone as I see it requires Java from what I'm reading...
ahwman

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:39 am

Not a problem. I'm sure others reading can glen information from our conversation.

The ISY-99i can be controlled using the ISY-99i's built in web page viewer for basic device and scene and program control. We, of course, recommend MobiLinc when on your iOS or Android device for control and status of your setup.

If you are looking to program your ISY from your iPad, MobiLinc currently has the capability to add devices directly to the ISY through My Devices->Add Device. If you purchase the Resource Manager plug-in for MobiLinc that enables MobiLinc to write basic programs to the ISY for your scenes and devices and gives you a very easy interface through MobiLinc to set ON/OFF times along with settings for how long devices and scenes should be on if motion is detected in a room, etc.

For all other programming options you'll need a PC or a MAC with Java installed to run the ISY-99i built-in Java applet for full ISY configuration including creating scenes and creating custom programs.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ahwman » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks again Wes for your wealth of information!
ahwman

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Not a problem, glad I can help!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments