Pictures of switch types in devices

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

Pictures of switch types in devices

Postby Barkley1 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:20 pm

I noticed in a sample display of Mobilinc there were pictures of various devices other than wall switches such as 6 button keypads and plugin lamplincs. How is this done? I told Mobilinc what type of switch it was and all I get is wall switches.
Barkley1

Re: Pictures of switch types in devices

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:59 am

Hi Barkley1,

All screenshots were taken while connected to an ISY-99i. The SmartLinc doesn't natively have the capability to address the individual buttons on the KPLs whereas the ISY-99i does offer native support for KPLs and can offer the proper interface and status capably for MobiLinc to control and display status for all the individual KPL buttons.

If you are interested in the ISY-99i as a replacement for your SmartLinc, we are still running some really good deals on ISY-99i kits over on our online store: http://mobilincstore.com

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Barkley1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:19 pm

Do I really need the modem to setup and control my Insteon system or can I just use wifi and your Mobilinc HD? I will want full control meaning conditional logic and macros and everything possible. I suspect I will need the modem and Homelinc software in which case it gets quite expensive at this time when all I have is eleven devices for just lighting control.
Barkley1

Postby Barkley1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:21 pm

I meant the isy99i and the modem. Of ourse I know I need the isy.
Barkley1

Postby Barkley1 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:38 pm

Since I have your attention I have another problem with HD. WhenI downloaded and installed HD to my wife's and my iPad 2 (which is registered in my wife's name) it also added the app to her iPhone through iCloud. I have since added my iPhone to her iCloud and can't get the app on my iPhone. I dont want to have to buy it again! What can I do?
Barkley1

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi Jim,

If you are looking for programming control and other features like true real-time response and advanced scene creation including full support in MobiLinc for your KPLs and other devices then yes, you'll need to look into replacing your SmartLinc for an ISY-99i combo kit.

The SmartLinc does an OK job with small setups with minimal control requirements. If you at all want to explore more dynamic scene and programming capability, you can't go wrong with the ISY-99i. It is the preferred INSTEON controller from us. HouseLinc does similar functionality, but requires a PC to be on 24/7 to operate. The ISY-99i is a standalone system with a very small physical and electrical footprint to operate and offers similar programming/macro control as HouseLinc. Also, MobiLinc is not compatible with HouseLinc. To our knowledge there is no public API to HouseLinc for 3rd party software like MobiLinc.

In order to get MobiLinc on all your iOS devices you'll need to log into that device using the iTunes account that was used to make the purchase so that you can re-download any paid app under that iTunes account to the new device. You can do that under the iOS device Settings->Store Option.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments