OutletLinc Dimmer?

Submit feedback, comments, and support help here.

OutletLinc Dimmer?

Postby jday » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:06 pm

I just purchased and installed an OutletLinc Dimmer (Dual-Band) to control a floor lamp. The OutletLinc Dimmer is a fairly new Insteon device (I believe) and it is not an option in MobiLinc HD or Pro as a type of device. If I select the regular OutletLinc (not the dual-band dimmer) it will work, show up in MobiLinc HD but since it's not a dimmer it only acts as an on/off toggle. Do you have plans to add the OutletLinc Dimmer as a module choice in your software? Thank you.
jday

Re: OutletLinc Dimmer?

Postby AdminWes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:46 pm

Hi jday,

Apologizes for a delayed response, yes, we can add the OutletLinc Dimmer to the list for our next release.

In the meantime, you can select SwitchLinc Dimmer instead so that you get Dimmer controls for your OutletLinc. The names are just friendly names and do not effect the functionality of the device in MobiLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jday » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Thanks Wes. I thought maybe there was some functionality in the different names. Although you said the "friendly names" are just names and don't effect functionality, your response also sounded like I needed to select a "dimmer" type device.
jday

Postby AdminWes » Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:28 am

Yes, that is correct. These are just friendly names, but if you pick a name that has "Dimmer" listed in the Friendly name you'll get dimmer controls in addition to the ON/OFF controls.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments