Retrieving module address (no sticker)

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Retrieving module address (no sticker)

Postby Rogerroll » Fri May 18, 2012 5:36 pm

Can a module address be determined by communicating with it?
The Smarthome Timer software on a pc recognizes a module when linking but doesn't show the module address.
MobiLinc Pro can't "link" by communicating.
Problem: the sticker with the address on it is gone.
Any ideas?.... anyone? Thanks!
Rogerroll

Re: Retrieving module address (no sticker)

Postby AdminWes » Fri May 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Rogerroll,

If you launch the SDM software interface and turn the device on and off, do you see any INSTEON traffic appear in the SDM window? If so, you might be able to determine the INSTEON address from the traffic stream.

Have you considered upgrading your PowerLinc to a more robust controller like the ISY-99i? I'd be happy to talk to you about the ISY and its features or you can find out more at: http://mobilincstore.com. With the ISY you wouldn't need the sticker as there is another way to add the device to the ISY without knowing the address.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rogerroll » Sun May 20, 2012 9:05 am

Thank you, Wes! I keep forgetting about SDM, of course the module address is seen in the log. (the solution is always simpler once you know it)

Using SmartHome Timer Software, the address is shown only when first linking a (new) module. I just deleted the device, then added it again and voilà!

I am indeed looking to upgrade, mostly to be able to control/monitor things from elsewhere (like from the office)

Thanks again!
Rogerroll

Postby AdminWes » Sun May 20, 2012 11:15 am

Excellent! Glad you got it.

Let me know when you are ready to upgrade. I'd be happy to talk to you about your goals and help you put together the upgrade through our store that will meet your needs.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rogerroll » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:25 am

AdminWes wrote:Let me know when you are ready to upgrade. I'd be happy to talk to you about your goals and help you put together the upgrade through our store that will meet your needs.
Wes

Hi Wes! I see (on Aartech.ca) that the 2412N seems to do all I (presently) need it to do. Simple timers, remote access via iPhone Mobilinc Pro from my home network and/or the internet. Is this accurate?

What does the ISY99i have more to offer? I know the 2412N is "so last year" (or 2...3...) and the ISY still requires a similar PLM so what are the advantages of the ISY?

Thanks!
Rogerroll

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:51 am

Hi Rogeroll,

The ISY is our highly recommended controller with MobiLinc for the following reasons:

- True real-time device, scene, and program status.
- Can access and address individual devices and scenes.
- Rich set of program features unparalleled by any other controller on the market.
- Supports many optional plug-ins like Weather, X10, Energy Monitoring, etc.
- Supports MobiLinc Connect. Access your ISY with MobiLinc anywhere you have internet access. No network changes necessary.
- The ISY's interface is much more intuitive for adding devices and scenes than the SmartLinc's interface.

Hopefully this helps to illuminate some of the key differences between the ISY and SmartLinc controllers.

If you are interested, we are running some very good deals on the ISY over on our online store: http://mobilincstore.com

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rogerroll » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

Thanks Wes!
I have and will again check out mobilincstore, but I actually purchase from Aartech in Canada to avoid shipping hassles (seeing as I'm Canadian, eh! :D ) and I just noticed that Mobilincstore doesn't even ship to Canada! :?

I do appreciate your help though! Thanks again!
Rogerroll

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:15 am

Ah, yes, (or eh) :),

Your Canadian resource is going to be cheaper. We can ship to CA, but it will likely be more expensive than your "local" option.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments