Getting started with iLinc Pro

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Re: Getting started with iLinc Pro

Postby nixterrimus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:37 am

Yikes! I got the modules that were linked to in this thread, so I think I got the right ones, the "access points". I'm really looking to put together the most minimal system I can. I've heard some reviews saying that Insteon is a bag of hurt, I want to have a chance to test it out with a really small system. If it works well, I'll build out from there. Everything should be here by Saturday.
nixterrimus

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:34 pm

Starting small is a good idea. My experience was once I got the Access Points to talk to each other as per the setup instruction that come with the Access points, I was OK except for some of my outlets that were in the same room or sharing the same wall as some of my computer equipment.

To fix that problem, I had to pick up a couple of FilterLinc to put on my equipment. Once I did that, no problems what so ever. I've been really happy with the stability and reliability of the whole Insteon system.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dlindamood » Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:12 pm

If I plan on using my ipod instead of an RF device, can I get away without having the access points?
Dave
dlindamood

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:41 pm

No. The iPod/iPhone cannot talk on the same radio frequency as the Insteon Access Points.

The Access Points are used to bridge the two phases of your home's electrical system together. When an Insteon command is sent on one phase of your home the Access Point A picks up and transmits that command to the other phase of your home by transmitting it to Access Point B. Access Point B then puts the Insteon command on the other phase of your home.

This hardware is specific to Insteon and is not compatible with the iPhone/Touch hardware. This is the reason for the SDM software running on a PC connected to the PowerLinc device. SDM has a web interface that the iPhone/Touch can communicate with.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:50 pm

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:15 pm

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:21 pm

jiuer7845

Previous