renaming/deleting devices or scenes

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

renaming/deleting devices or scenes

Postby Brent S » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:54 am

Just downloaded the iLinc app for my iPhone this morning (v2.0 I think?). Using this with a 2414U. Was able to get it controlling the devices without too much trouble, but...

1. How do you edit the name of a scene?
2. How do you delete a device?
3. How do you delete a scene?

Maybe I'm just missing something...
Brent S

Re: renaming/deleting devices or scenes

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi Brent,

If you downloaded the Lite version, it is still at 1.1. Apple hasn't approved the lite version yet. Pro is at 2.0 and was approved yesterday.

Currently you cannot edit the name of a scene on the PowerLinc device. For lack of a better explaination, I left this feature out due to button space at the top of the scene page. I'll see if I can figure out an alternate way to do this and add it to my list of features for the next next release. Currently to rename a scene you would have to delete it and then create a new one.

To delete a scene or device, tap My Devices or My Scenes and perform a left to right finger swipe over the device or scene you want to delete and then tap the delete button.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Brent S » Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:00 pm

Ah got it. Did not see the right finger swipe. Otherwise, seems to work well with the 2414U (I bought the "Pro" version this morning so should be v2.0). Set up the port forwarding and all that. Might be nice to be able to edit timers in the 2414U from the iPhone/iLinc?

Thanks,

Brent
Brent S

Postby AdminWes » Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:06 pm

Hi Brent,

Thank you for your purchase! I like the idea of editing timers from the iphone. I'll have to add that one to my list. To be honest, it will probably sit on the back burner for a while as I'm working on the next update to expand the ISY functionality.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments