Stopped working

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Stopped working

Postby kfrazack » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:38 pm

Everything was working with the 2.0 update and then (I think) with the last update, everything failed. Not sure what's wrong.
kfrazack
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby AdminWes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:17 am

Hi kfrazack,

When did you update to 2.01? The update had been out for about a month now.

1. What are the symptoms you are seeing?
2. Have you been able to verify your SDM setup on your PC to be sure something with your PC setup didn't go wrong?
3. Are you using an external IP address that could have changed from your ISP?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby kfrazack » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:38 am

I updated to 2.0.1 when I was on vacation. The SDM log looks like this:

PLC:disconnect=OK
downloadTimer started
timerActivate enabled
SDM:DM=active,1.01.138.308,9/1/2009 10:35:21 AM,responded,11.08.F2,2.13,xdevices=True
starttime=00:25

When I "Excute isResponding in browser" the browser responds. But the SDM window doesn't change.

IP hasn't changed.
kfrazack
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby AdminWes » Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:28 pm

Hi kfrazack,

The SDM windows should reflect the isResponding request. Have you tried rebooting your PC and the PowerLinc device? If you have, what does the SDM window show when you try to command an Insteon or X10 device to ON/OFF from iLinc? Does SDM report anything?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby kfrazack » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:04 pm

Tried restarting everything. No go. I had previously set the SDM to load on startup and it was acting weird so I took it out of the lineup to load on startup. I now manually start the service and at least the isResponding is popping up in the SDM window. I'll test the rest and let you know.
kfrazack
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:03 am

Hi kfrazack,

Sounds like with the isResponding showing up in the SDM window, you'll have a much better chance at getting the entire communication path working again. I wonder what happened to SDM to cause it do perform like you are seeing.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby kfrazack » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:06 am

Tested it last night. Working perfect again! I don't think the SDM liked being in the startup of Windows. Either that or it conflicted with something on startup.

Next plan is to install my EZRain and see how it works with iLinc. I understand that you're working on an interface for this.
kfrazack
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:20 pm

Re: Stopped working

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:39 am

Hi kfrazack,

Glad to hear SDM is back from the dead and you're back up and running again!

At some point I'd like to implement an Insteon protocol control of the EZRain device. I've been focused on fully supporting the Universal Devices ISY controller at the momement and is taking up all of my free time.

One of the other users of iLinc posted a while back saying that he got PowerLinc/iLinc/EZRain working by assigning an X10 address to each of the EZRain valves and then used iLinc to command the X10 assigned values to on/off. Great workaround and will work in lieu of an Insteon EZRain protocol from iLinc.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2087
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:52 pm


Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron