Does iLinc Pro support smooth fades?

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Does iLinc Pro support smooth fades?

Postby nixterrimus » Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:29 pm

I have some background in theatre lighting: When I ask a lamp to go from 0-100, does iLinc smoothly fade that lamp? Can I select the number of seconds? Does it fade linearly or exponentially?

If iLinc doesn't fade smoothly between states, this would be my number one feature request. And if it does fade between states, I would love to be able to control how long it takes.
nixterrimus

Re: Does iLinc Pro support smooth fades?

Postby AdminWes » Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:24 am

The answer is yes, but iLinc can't take all the credit. When setting up the DimmerLinc, or any other Insteon module that supports dimming, one of the setup items to configure for the Insteon device is the default ramp rate to turn the light on or off. Devices support between instant on/off and several seconds to ramp (linearly) to on/off.

When iLinc tells a dimming device to turn on/off (or 0-100%) the device changes state at the default ramp rate that the device was programmed with.

I like the feature to be able to control the ramp rate in scenes. I could see where maybe someone would want a different ramp rate for different scenes depending on what the goal of the scene is. I'll add that one to my list of possible features to add.

Thanks!
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby nixterrimus » Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks, Wes! Fades would be a fantastic addition to this app. I want to use iLinc in my apartment theatre, the effect will be much more impressive if the lights fade gently.
nixterrimus

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:48 pm

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:14 pm

jiuer7845

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments