Getting Started

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Getting Started

Postby fire5miami » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:39 am

How are you forum well I'll start by saying that I've been add it for 2 days now trying to see if this works for me between reading topics and trying different configurations on my pc I'm going crazy and I'm resulting to HELP I have a few questions. I'm using a laptop with Vista 32 bit home premium, with powerlinc 2414U,with a linksys wireless router, and SDM 308.
1- I usually have my 2414U connected to an outlet in my house so it can run my timers that I have set up for my insteon devices now that I want to use the mobilinc app on my iphone does the 2414U stay connected to an outlet or does it need to be connected by USB to a PC running the SDM ?
2- I've started by trying to use the mobilinc lite (free) version on the iphone and when I go to enter my 1 device it's asking me for a Module Address how do I know what that is ?
3- By the way I've followed all your steps with configuring the SDM 308 on Laptop PC with Vista and it is responding TRUE so thats fine the only thing is I only get a TASKBAR ICON (T) not an actual program on desktop to configure is that right ?
4- I am running a smarthome timer program that I use to set up timers when needed with the 2414U and it only runs when I use it in other words it doesn't run in memory would that conflict with the SDM 308 program or not ?
5- And lastly I've configured the mobilinc lite to specs in the settings page like the admins stated with my internal ip address and I think the next step would be to add a (1) device right or am I wrong I guess I need steps on configuring mobilinc lite version if anyone knows where the steps are for 1 device to see if this works for me ?

Thank You for all the help you all can give believe me I've tried as much as I can to not ask for help but I'm at a lost.
fire5miami

Re: Getting Started

Postby AdminWes » Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:41 am

Hi fire5miami,

1. In order for MobiLinc to talk to the 2414U, it must stay plugged into a power outlet AND connected via USB to a computer running SDM. MobiLinc talks to the SDM software on the laptop, and the SDM software talks to the powerlinc 2414U.
2. The Module Address is the Insteon Address that is printed on each and every Insteon device. It looks somethings like "XX.XX.XX" You can find this on the back of the insteon modules in your house, or if you have dimmers or switches installed, remove the faceplate from the wall and the insteon address is visable on the front of the switch.
3.Correct.
4. Typicially you would only use the smarthome timer program to setup your powerlinc device and not let it run 24/7 on your PC. I don't know of any known issues by running both at the same time. For MobiLinc to work with your PowerLinc the SDM software must be running and I'd recommend that the timer program not be running since it is not necessary once you have downloaded all the timers to the powerlinc.
5. You are correct. Find the insteon address of the module you want to add and type that into MobiLinc when prompted.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments