Failed to Connect

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Failed to Connect

Postby blueacresman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 am

Recently purchased the Powerlinc Controller #2414U and loaded Mobilinc pro on to my ipad. Went through set up procedures and verified that my computer was communicating with the powerlinc as directed on another topic post. After setting up an x10 lamp device on Mobilinc I get the following message. "Failed to Connect - Error Received = A server with the specified hostname could not be found". As further info, after setting up my lighting module on Mobilinc the light at the bottom of my screen turned from red to green with the letter L in it. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?
blueacresman

Re: Failed to Connect

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Hi there,

This indicates that MobiLinc can't reach your computer hosting the PowerLinc through the connected network for some reason.

Please check your settings under My Settings->Lighting Controller to be sure the IP or Port used to talk to your computer hosting your PowerLinc matches your actual IP settings in MobiLinc.

Other things that could be preventing MobiLinc from talking to your PC.
- Verify your iPad is connected to your home's Wi-Fi connection.
- Verify that the PC running the SDM software will allow for incoming connection on port 9020 (SDM default) and isn't being blocked by firewall software.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments