Smarthome Uniform Device Naming

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Postby ilincandy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:13 pm

There are two different types of Modules Plug-in or the Wire-In Modules

Within these two group there are two grades of modules which have a different wattage, cost and waranty - the low cost ICON line and the higher cost ?????Linc line.

Within the two different types of Modules there are the dimmers and the relay/On/Off plus the Keypads.

I ordered an ICON Relay and the name on the box indicated "ON/OFF Adapter" and on the device module "ICON on/off adapter". Your scroll list in iLinc Pro indicated none of the above. I used the "SwitchLinc Relay".
Could you post a cross-reference on all your supported device types or have uniform device naming in your software?
For me this is not a problem but for others it could be very confusing.

BTW - Your software works great!!! :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
ilincandy

Re: Smarthome Uniform Device Naming

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 30, 2009 7:44 pm

Good comment. When I setup the list I went to the Smarthome website and used the devices/names available at the time. Behind the code it basicially boils down to a Relay device or a Dimmer device. If you have a device that isn't listed then pick either the SwitchLinc or the DimmerLinc depending on if the device is a dimmer or not. (Sounds like that's what you did and it worked for you)

I'll need to update the list of devices against Smarthome in the next release. I'll also add in a generic option for a Relay and Dimmer module...something like "Insteon Dimmer" and "Insteon Relay" in the device list.

Thanks for the feedback.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments