Camera support

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Camera support

Postby dlindamood » Fri Apr 03, 2009 6:04 am

I am considering setting up an Insteon network to control lights etc... I have seen smartlabs ipod screen views that show camera support to see if the lights come on... and you can monitor the room while away. Will the iLinc support this?
dlindamood

Re: Camera support

Postby ilincandy » Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:37 am

Its is not so simple to have a program to show cams or cameras on the Ipod/Iphone touch. Search itunes app for "Cam Viewer" and check out the details that this program needs to be able to view IP cameras and cams. I had the Smartlinc from smarthome and the only cameras it supported was only a few Panasonic cameras.
Note: You better get a camera that sends SSL secure email because most ISPs require secure socket email nowdays. :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:
ilincandy

Re: Camera support

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:08 pm

Camera support is something that I'm considering. It seemed strange to me that they way the camera support for SmartLinc was advertised was to make sure your lights came on when you commanded them to. I just don't think that people will use the camera feature to monitor their lights...I'm guessing that most will use the camera for security monitoring purposes.

iLinc will query your lights and show you the current status...no camera needed. The SDM software on the PC has an interface that allows iLinc to ask for the status of a device to display to the iPhone/Touch user.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments