application upgrades

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

application upgrades

Postby gjfrater » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:42 pm

Hello,

I've got a question about this software. It's really about how upgrades work, on most PC software you get free upgrades for some amount of time like a year or something. How does this work with iphone apps specifically iLinc? If I buy it today and 6 months or a year from now you have updates do I have to buy it again or are they included for the life of the program, just how do updates work? I have not bought any iphone apps yet, but I'm compelled to buy this one, I'm just curious how it works.

Thanks,

-greg
gjfrater

Re: application upgrades

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:37 pm

Hi Greg,

Thanks for the question. I've seen iPhone devs do this differently. I, along with most, will support their product with free updates for the life of the software. So if the next release is iLinc 2.0 it would be a free update for those that purchased version 1.0.

Other devs might have the users buy version 1.0 and then release a seperate app with upgraded features and call it 2.0, forcing the users to buy it twice with the upgraded features.

All updates work through the App store on the iPhone or Touch. When you log into the App store on your device, the App store looks at your installed apps and then notifies you that some of your installed apps have updates. Once you acknowledge the updates, the App store app will automaticially download the updates and install them to your device.

In the upcoming 3.0 OS update this summer, Apple is introducing in-App transactions. Imagine a newspaper or magazine app. The app is only the shell; the user can then buy a subscription or individual magazines from inside the newspaper or magazine app.

I hope this answers your question.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: application upgrades

Postby gjfrater » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:29 pm

Yes thanks.
gjfrater

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments