Set up for iPad app

Post your MobiLinc comments and feedback here.

Set up for iPad app

Postby Peter holland » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:46 pm

I find this app very complicated and cannot set up . Spent hours trying to find out and frankly have just given up and really want my money back . Too complicated to operate . If others have the same problem you will get very poor ratings on the apple app store

comments please
Peter holland

Re: Set up for iPad app

Postby AdminWes » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:06 pm

Hi Peter,

What seems to be the problem? Since you've posted under the PowerLinc, I'm assuming you are attempting to setup MobiLinc HD for the PowerLinc controller. The PowerLinc requires a few more manual steps than the SmartLinc or ISY as these act more like servers and can provide this info automaticially to MobiLinc HD.

To setup MobiLinc HD for the PowerLinc please follow these instructions:
1. Tap the settings icon (wrench) in the lower-right corner.
2. Tap "Lighting Controller"
3. Change the Host type to the PowerLinc 2414.
4. Enter you username and password (or leave blank if these wasn't setup in your SDM software).
5. Enter the IP address of the PC hosting SDM for the PowerLinc.
6. Enter the port (9020) or different port if you changed it in SDM.
7. Tap My Devices (the icon that looks like a keypad).
8. Tap "Add Device" at the top-right of the screen.
9. Enter in each of your INSTEON and X10 devices here. Repeat for each device.
10. Tap on My Scenes (the icon that looks like a film role).
11. Tap on "Add Scene" to create a new scene.
12. To add devices to a scene, tap on the gear icon for that scene and tap "Edit" in the upper right corner.
13. Select all the device and the ON level for that device.

If you follow these steps, that will walk you through how to add devices and scenes to MobiLinc HD.

Please post back if you have any questions.
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Rad » Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:58 pm

Is there really no manual avalable? For $50 software I really cant believe this. Is this BB the only place to get support from?
Rad

Postby AdminWes » Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:08 am

Hi Rad,

Please see this forum post for getting started with the PowerLinc:

http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com/utilities/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=412

The main website http://www.mobileintegratedsolutions.com has some basic getting started steps as well.

A sepearte manual has not been created yet.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby NewbLinc » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:38 pm

It's 2014 now. Is there a manual yet? I reiterate, a $50 dollar iPad app deserves a comprehensive manual. So the users can get the most of their investment without having to troll the forum for answers.

Thank you.
NewbLinc

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:57 pm

Hi NewbLinc,

We don't necessarily disagree and a full, comprehensive manual is still on our to-do list. To date, we've chosen to invest all of our resources into advancing the apps and offering direct support at support@mobilinc.com and through our website rather than diverting our limited resources to the creation and maintenance of a manual.

Almost all advanced functions/walkthroughs/guides and initial setup is found on our website: http://mobilinc.com.

If you have specific questions, please send to support@mobilinc.com and we'll answer.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to MobiLinc Feedback and Comments