Trouble Getting Status

Submit your bug reports here.

Trouble Getting Status

Postby tpw321 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:22 am

Hello,

Just installed on my Android Charge to control my ISY, and it isn't returning the status for my lights and thermostat. Oddly, it does actually control them. For example, I go to Control Device and it shows the "Status Is" grey (far left). If I tap "On", the light goes on by the status bar doesn't change (did try "Tap to Sync with ISY"). For the thermostat, again no current status is displayed. For Scenes, though, it does show the current status. I'm going through 4G...

Finally, I can access all capabilites using the ISY web pages.

Any ideas?

Thanks
tpw321

Re: Trouble Getting Status

Postby AdminWes » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:20 am

Hi there,

The real-time status feed required that there be an open socket connected back to you ISY. Diagnosing over a cell connection why the socket is getting closed (or not established) will be difficult since there are many moving parts to establishing the connection through the cell providers through your router and down to your ISY. Can we start with Wi-Fi based testing first to establish that in your local environment everything is working properly before we dive in to figure what is happening via cell connections?

A quick thing you can try if you don't have access to your home Wi-Fi at the moment is to Force Quit MobiLinc and restart it. Go to My Devices and see if you get any status indications from your devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports