Worked fine - until I enabled MobiLinc Connect on my ISY

Submit your bug reports here.

Re: Worked fine - until I enabled MobiLinc Connect on my ISY

Postby AdminWes » Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:41 pm

Thanks for the report. We're looking into the code to see why this is happening under this specific device in now two reported incidents.

We actually have a JellyBean Galaxy Nexus that 1.1.6 was tested against and the issue does not present itself.

We'll post back with what we find out.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 pm

Michael,

We've been looking into the code base and we're making some progress on narrowing this issue down, but we'd like to request a slight mod (note the bold step changes) to the steps below to help us narrow in on where the code could be entering into a lock scenario.

If you would, please turn off any screen timeouts so that the screen remains ON for the duration of the test. Then perform the following:

- Launch MobiLinc and DO NOT interact with the screen.
- Let it sit for 60 seconds on the home screen.
- Tap My Devices.
- Tap Back.
- Tap My Settings and wait for 60 seconds.
- Tap Lighting Controller Settings and wait for 60 seconds.

Thanks for working with us on this issue. If this produces the same lockup we'll have a better idea as to where in the code there's a potential issue. Our plan is to then produce a test image for you that will print out logging statements for you to capture using the logcat method you did for us before. That should really narrow in on where the issue is occurring on your device.

Thanks again,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:49 pm

OK - I set the screen timeout to the max (10 mins)..

Setup not cleared. I'm on wifi and it autodetected the HTTP URL from the ISY from a previous run. Username and password entered.

OK. It connects to the non-SSL port
OK.
- Tap My Devices.
No problem. I see devices.
- Tap Back.
Success.
Tapped 'My Settings'. Settings screen came up - but popup 'Processing Profile Change'
The popup is flashing.. keeps coming and going.
After 30-ish seconds - I get the blank screen as before.
About 50 seconds - 'Mobilinc Pro isn't responding. Do you want to close it?
'Wait' 'Report' 'OK'. I wait until after 60 seconds - and click 'OK'
The 'My Settings' screen comes up again - end up back at 'Processing Profile Change' flashing again.
After few seconds - 'Unfortunately, MobiLinc Pro has stopped' 'Report' 'OK'
I click 'OK'
The 'My Settings' screen comes up again - end up back at 'Processing Profile Change' flashing again.
After few seconds - 'Unfortunately, MobiLinc Pro has stopped' 'Report' 'OK'
I click 'OK'
(This keeps repeating - seemingly endlessly)
Eventually - I go into Apps and kill it...

I never got to this point.

I hope this helps!

Michael.
mwareman

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Michael,

Thanks for working with us, however, we really need the test to be the same as the initial conditions where the app data is cleared and your device is on cellular...just like the original test. What we're trying to do is we're eliminating the ISY or any network connection as a potential source of the problem. Trying to find a reason for the lockup is like looking for a tiny needle in a haystack. By simplifying the test with no network connection to the ISY we can remove a large part of that hey stack.

One thing we're confused on is that you say you see the message "Processing Profile Change" when you tap My Settings from the Main Menu. The only way that message pops up is if there is a tap registered in the "Selected Profile" row and then a different profile was selected than the current profile.

So, In addition to performing the test from a clean database as well as from a cell connection, can you confirm that you are NOT taping the Selected Profile row under the My Settings page? Have you seen any other odd behavior with your Android device selecting things or double selecting things that you did not initiate? We're wondering if there isn't a a hardware problem somewhere introducing unpredictable behavior. We've been trying every which way to duplicate this on our same device, same OS as yours with no success.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:15 pm

Hi Wes,

Not a problem. I have forced stopped the app, cleared data and shut off wiFi. I tested Internet over HSPA+ to confirm connectivity. Here are the results with the same start condition as before:

OK. 'Connection Error - No connection settings found.'
OK. After 60 seconds, the 'Connection Error' still on the screen. I had to tap away from it before I could click 'Devices'
- Tap My Devices.
No problem. 'No Devices Detected'.
- Tap Back.
Success. Back to main screen
Tapped 'My Settings'. Settings screen came up for a second - then screen goes blank except for the bar at the top and menu at the bottom - screenshot already sent.
After 30 seconds - 'Unfortunately, MobiLinc PRO has stopped' comes up with 'Report' 'OK' as options.
I click nothing to wait the 60 seconds...
Then I click 'OK'. App seems to exit (I'm back at the main phone homescreen) - but with 'Connection Error' 'No connection settings found' dialog.... strange...

I never got to this point. The app has quit.

I can absolutely confirm that you are NOT taping the Selected Profile row under the My Settings page. The problem comes up when I tap 'My Settings' - I never get any opportunity to click anything actually on the 'My Settings' page - it's immediately overwritten with a blank screen.

I can also confirm that I am NOT taping the Selected Profile row under the My Settings page - I cannot tap anything in 'My Settings' as the screen is completely blank immediately after going into 'My Settings'.

I have seen no other usability issues with the device. No double clicks registered when I touched once or anything like that.

Michael.
mwareman

Postby tocobe » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:34 pm

Update

After several more tries my I got it to automatically detect my isy, and it looked to me working good. However, it crashes every time I go to settings.
tocobe

Postby mwareman » Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:02 pm

@tocobe That's exactly the issue I'm having as well - as I've documented. Auto Detect only works when you have WiFi enabled and you are connected to the same network as the ISY. However - auto detect only discovers the HTTP (port 80) connection and by (internal) IP address - so it won't work when remote. In my case - to be usable - I need to go into 'My Settings' to change the lighting controllers HTTPS host name and port - but I cannot enter settings.

Wes - as a workaround - how are the settings stored? Is there a sqlite database I can modify via adb to set the secure url? I'll happily keep working with you to resolve the issue - but really need to figure a way to have the app work from the outside in the mean time.

I wonder what is the same between our devices - that Wes does not have on his. One possibility I guess is Lookout (the security package - https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... om.lookout). Could that interfere with this? I've never had any issue with this software before - so it's a long shot I guess.

Michael.
mwareman

Postby tocobe » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:54 am

I can confirm I have not installed Lookout.
tocobe

Postby mwareman » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:56 am

I agree - I just tried removing it and the issue persists.

Michael.
mwareman

Postby mwareman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:01 pm

First - Many thanks to Wes for staying with this issue with me. We have been back and forth the last couple of days pouring over logcat logs to try to track this down. Wes was able to spot actions in the logs that should not be possible with the code within the application - leading us to the belief that a mysterious 'something' happened to the execution environment on my Galaxy Nexus during the 4.0.4 => 4.1.1 upgrade that did something bad to this application. I was having no issues with anything else on the phone though.

If I was rooted - I could have tried to clear the dalvik cache on the phone - chances are that's where the problem is in my opinion. But - without root all I could do is a 'Factory Data Reset'. I did this - upon reinstalling MobiLinc I no longer have the issue at all.

@tocobe - You may want to make sure you write down all application setings and perform the same reset. It may be you also have corruption from the upgrade.

Thanks!

Michael.
mwareman

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports