Worked fine - until I enabled MobiLinc Connect on my ISY

Submit your bug reports here.

Re: Worked fine - until I enabled MobiLinc Connect on my ISY

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks Michael for the detailed follow-up!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tocobe » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:47 pm

Hi

Thanks for the information. I will surely try that.
Do you know if there is a guide on the internet on how to do this. Just a general outline of the steps needed.
I am more or less familiar with Android, but I wouldnt like to do something wrong. Am I going to have to download and install every app I have, one by one again?
What kind of backup would you recommend?

Thanks again

tocobe
tocobe

Postby mwareman » Fri Aug 10, 2012 6:25 pm

To be honest - I tend to rely on the Google backup that's built into Android for most things - and good old fashioned documentation. If you have backup enabled - when you logon after the reset you'll get asked if you want to restore. Say 'Yes' and you'll get your apps reinstalled, wifi settings will be restored etc.

Most apps do not store their data within the backup service though - so you'll have to go thru them all again - make settings, setup your home screens again etc. It's a p.i.t.a really.

There are backup solutions out there - like Titanium backup. Most need root though - and I've never really had confidence in them properly restoring the good stuff - and not restoring the corruption.
mwareman

Postby Kid_Icarus » Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:16 pm

Hi Wes. I am having the same "Processing Profile Change" error mentioned by the other two users.

My Setup:
- Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Verizon Wireless)
- OS: Android 4.1.1 (a leaked Google build that is still currently going through Verizon approval process)
- Kernel: "3.0.31-linaro-stockKernal-ge8de0e2-dirtyrogersnm@buildbox #1"
- Bootloader: unlocked
- SU Status: Rooted
- Baseband version: i515.09 V.FF02 / I515.FG02

Since I am rooted and another user suspected that wiping Dalvik cache may fix this, I wiped the Dalvik cache but the issue persists. I also tried wiping the device cache, which did not fix this issue.

I disabled wifi, and then tried the steps below:

AdminWes wrote:If you would, please turn off any screen timeouts so that the screen remains ON for the duration of the test. // DONE (changed to 10 minutes)

Then perform the following:
- Launch MobiLinc and DO NOT interact with the screen. // DONE
- Let it sit for 60 seconds on the home screen. // DONE
- Tap My Devices. // DONE
- Tap Back. // DONE
- Tap My Settings and wait for 60 seconds. // ATTEMPTED (I waited on the settings screen without touching anything, which is when the "processing profile change" message popped up, and then the "Unfortunately, MobiLinc Pro has stopped" message popped up. It gives me the option of selecting "ok" or "report".
- Tap Lighting Controller Settings and wait for 60 seconds. // ATTEMPTED (I relaunched the application, opened settings, but the app freezes in the settings area with the message "processing profile change")

Thanks again,
Wes

What can I do to help you diagnose and fix this? I am rooted so if that gives you access to other usefull tools just tell me what you need and I'll send it. I need my MobiliLinc back on my phone! :-)

-Kris
Kid_Icarus

Postby AdminWes » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:11 pm

Kris,

Based on Michael's and my findings, this is not a MobiLinc issue, but rather an upgrade to JB 4.1.1 issue. He was guessing at where the issue was in the Android OS, but was never able to prove it.

From earlier in the post chain a 'Factory Data Reset' was what fixed it:

First - Many thanks to Wes for staying with this issue with me. We have been back and forth the last couple of days pouring over logcat logs to try to track this down. Wes was able to spot actions in the logs that should not be possible with the code within the application - leading us to the belief that a mysterious 'something' happened to the execution environment on my Galaxy Nexus during the 4.0.4 => 4.1.1 upgrade that did something bad to this application. I was having no issues with anything else on the phone though.

If I was rooted - I could have tried to clear the dalvik cache on the phone - chances are that's where the problem is in my opinion. But - without root all I could do is a 'Factory Data Reset'. I did this - upon reinstalling MobiLinc I no longer have the issue at all.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:33 pm

I can reconfirm this. since I did the full reset I've not had this issue at all.

Michael.
mwareman

Postby Kid_Icarus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:29 am

AdminWes wrote:Kris,

Based on Michael's and my findings, this is not a MobiLinc issue, but rather an upgrade to JB 4.1.1 issue. He was guessing at where the issue was in the Android OS, but was never able to prove it.

Interesting. I have been on 4.1.1 ON my Galaxy Nexus for a while, and this issue just came up. Only change I made recently was upgrading (flashing the software) to a new version of the radios.

Also, I have a Nexus 7 tablet also running 4.1.1, and it has had no issues with MobiLinc.

Any ideas what the root cause is of this "Processing Profile Change" error?

-Kris
Kid_Icarus

Postby AdminWes » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:29 pm

Kris,

We spent many hours debugging this to see if this was a MobiLinc issue. What we found was the execution path that 4.1.1 was taking with the code shouldn't be possible to do which led us to question the integrity of the OS. We have zero visibility into the inner workings of the OS but only after many debugging attempts did we suggest that the 4.1.1 upgrade may have gone south. Only after the reset process was performed did the execution path return to a normal and correct execution.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Kid_Icarus » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:56 pm

Got it. So the recommendation is to do a fresh install of 4.1.1? Or a fresh install of 4.0.4?
Kid_Icarus

Postby AdminWes » Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:56 am

Kris,

I believe this was what was performed to get the Android device back into operation:
http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1663926

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Bug Reports