Insteon Thermostat does not automatically refresh

Submit your bug reports here.

Insteon Thermostat does not automatically refresh

Postby akula34 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 am

This may either be a bug report or a feature request, depending on how it is implemented within the software.

I am running a Universal Devices ISY-994iZ controller, linked to an Insteon 2441TH Thermostat. I have a Galaxy Nexus (GSM) running Android 4.2 with MobiLinc 1.1.9

My issue is that I have to select Menu-Refresh ever time I access my thermostat, in order to get the thermostat to update to the current temperature/humidity.

Can you add an automatic refresh on load when accessing the thermostat from the main selection menu?

Luke
akula34

Re: Insteon Thermostat does not automatically refresh

Postby AdminWes » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Hi Luke,

MobiLinc is actually connected to the ISY in real-time. If you see values here, they are direct from the ISY. By issuing a refresh, you are actually telling the ISY to go get the latest values from the thermostat.

One way you can see this is by logging into the Admin Console and comparing the values you see in the Admin Console to MobiLinc. They should be the same as both get their numbers from the ISY.

What firmware are you running on your ISY? You might want to look at loading on of UDI's beta's to see if the latest beta addresses the INSTEON thermostat refresh issues you are seeing.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby akula34 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:16 am

Wes,

It would appear that you are correct. I didn't realize that I was running the older firmware on my ISY-994iZ. I had 3.2.6 and the current beta is 3.3.3

Anyway, now that it's updated, it seems to pull the correct data without requiring a refresh. It would appear that this was a common problem for the Insteon thermostats on the Universal Devices forum.

Now the only issue I seem to have is a rounding error. My current upstairs temperature is 69.5 according to the Java admin console for the ISY. My thermostat rounds correctly to 70. My phone, running MobileLinc shows 69.

I can control temperature setpoints and change settings, so it's obviously communicating. Does MobileLinc display just the first 2 digits of the temperature with no rounding?

Great software by the way! I'm really enjoying being able to integrate everything. Now I just need Elk control from your app! I know iOS is first... buy I'm impatiently waiting ... ;o)

Luke
akula34

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi Luke,

This is unique to the INSTEON thermostat. The common Venstar thermostat does not report in 0.5 degree increment. The MobiLinc/Android code rounds down if there is a 0.5 degree increment.

Our iOS 3.11.00 update that went out yesterday allows for 0.5 degree increments. We have a ticket created to fix this for Android.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports