Force Close: Cannot access My Settings on Android 4.2

Submit your bug reports here.

Re: Force Close: Cannot access My Settings on Android 4.2

Postby arw01 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:40 pm

Ok so far going in and out of my settings. Installing onto my tablet next. Maybe tackle the wife's phone and her Kindle tomorrow
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:24 am

Great, thanks for the confirmation that it's working so far.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ryanwagner » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:33 pm

So, this was driving me bonkers. I had sent you that logcat, but I wanted to get to the bottom of this because I did another factory reset and only installed MobiLinc just to find that it worked fine. So I knew it had to be an app compatibility issue.

Since I'm rooted it was relatively easy for me to disable certain apps (a.k.a freeze them) using Titanium Backup. I then went through and disabled apps until I found the culprit, and it ended up being caused by Light Flow. I'm not sure if the same app is causing issues for everyone in this thread, but my issue was resolved by disabling that app.

I rely pretty heavily on Light Flow though (it's always one of the first apps I install), and it's pretty popular given that the free version has been downloaded over a million times. Once I got this figured out though I was able to disable/freeze the app, make my changes and set up the MobiLinc widgets, and then unfreeze the app. Thankfully all the critical areas in MobiLinc work fine with Light Flow installed.

Paid Light Flow (the one I have installed):
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... flow&hl=en

Free Light Flow:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... _developer

Hopefully this helps you guys pinpoint the issue, and gives some relief to others with the same problem. I have no idea why the two apps conflict with each other since Light Flow is a notification management app and MobiLinc doesn't use notifications, but hopefully you guys can have some fun working that out.
ryanwagner

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:18 am

Thanks Ryan! We're investigating...Will post back with our findings.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:31 am

Please see this post for a possible workaround:
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2533
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:03 am

Hi All,

We've released a bug-fix version of MobiLinc for Android this morning that addresses the OS 4.1/4.2 issue identified in this forum post.

Please update to version 1.2.2 from the Play store or select "Check for Updates" from inside of your MobiLinc non-market app to download the latest.

It may take Google up to 24 hours to roll out the update to all of their Play servers.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Bug Reports