was unable to toggle an appliancelinc when gone

Submit your bug reports here.

was unable to toggle an appliancelinc when gone

Postby arw01 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I was out and about tonight and Mobilinc told me my appliancelink that controls a heated blanket was on. I tried to turn it off, say the little L spinning, and it stayed on. Waited a couple of minutes, tried again. Same result.

Came home, visually verified the device was off, tried again to turn the display itself off on mobilinc to be in sync. I could see the traffic blinking the lights, but it never updated on the display telling me the device was off.

Sitting on the couch, it is working now.

There were no errors in the isy error log, so I am at a loss to see what the issue could have been.

Alan
arw01

Re: was unable to toggle an appliancelinc when gone

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:09 am

Hi Alan,

Next time this happens where it appears out of sync, launch the Admin Console and see what it says. My guess is that the Admin Console would display the same thing. Both the Admin Console and MobiLinc get status info the same way from the ISY.

Try doing a manual query of the device in MobiLinc or through the Admin Console. Sometimes that's what's needed to kick the status correct between the ISY and the remote device.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:26 pm

I do not see a query option sitting here at the park in Mobilinc.
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:20 am

When on the details page of the device, tap the Menu button to bring a list of options. Query should be one of the options.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:31 pm

Wes, what does the details page look like? I just used my wife's phone to turn on a fan while I was in the room. The first one was ignored, the status still showed off and the fan took 6 or so seconds to turn on. The icon in the corner stopped spinning and it still indicated the fan was off.

I went poking around looking for the query option and still have not found it. Started another refresh. Logged into the forum here and just went back and it shows the fan on now, However, the spinning icon was still going for another couple of minutes.

I have not found that query yet.

Alan
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Alan,

Tap the device so you see the options:

Brighten
ON
OFF
DIM
FAST ON
FAST OFF

Tap the Android Device's Menu button to bring up a list of options. Refresh will be one of those options under My Devices only. This is not available under My Scenes.

Also, are you using the SmartLinc or ISY? Judging from the time delay, my guess is the SmartLinc. Keep in mind that MobiLinc does not support all the features of the FanLinc when connected to the SmartLinc. MobiLinc fully supports the FanLinc when connected to the ISY controller only.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:20 pm

Ok I found refresh, you had me looking for query before. Also there is no brighten option on the fan as Mobilinc is smart enought to know an appliance link cannot be dimmed or undimmed.

I am on a ISY-994i, just a couple of weeks old running 3.2.6
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:13 pm

Ah, sorry, Alan. Under the hood MobiLinc issues a "Query" to the device. We call it Refresh on the UI. I had my tech hat on.

Ok, with the ISY, you should see the different fan speeds then. OFF, LOW, MED, HIGH for the Fan Motor. For the Light part, you should see on, off, bright, dim, etc.

If you aren't seeing these, check the Admin Console for your FanLinc. Does the Admin Console report that the device is a FanLinc device and also gives your the OFF, LOW, MED, HIGH commands to the fan motor?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby arw01 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:06 pm

I am only use an appliance linc for the stand type fan. No fancy fanlinc here. They came out with those right after I battled for hours re-wiring the ceiling fan to have 2 lights to control it and the instructions were bad from the manufacturer.

If I have to mess with it again, I will probably go up in the attic, install another another junction box and put the fan controller in there!
arw01

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:11 am

Ah, ok. Understand now. Thanks for clarifying.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports