Possible workaround for 4.1/4.2 Lockup bug

Submit your bug reports here.

Possible workaround for 4.1/4.2 Lockup bug

Postby AdminWes » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:29 am

All,

We believe we have found the source of the OS 4.1/4.2 lockup bug present on some Android user's devices. We got a tip from another user (Thanks Ryan!) that if he froze the LightFlow app, MobiLinc would operate as intended.

We started investigating this and discovered that it was actually enabling Accessibility Mode in which caused the issue (which LightFlow REQUIRES). By disabling Accessibility Mode, the issue goes away. Enabling it causes it to appear.

We are currently investigating a solution to the issue, but wanted to get this info out to the community and see if we can confirm this with other's who experienced the lockup. Please post below if disabling Accessibility Mode under the Settings app works for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Possible workaround for 4.1/4.2 Lockup bug

Postby jesselockwood » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:04 pm

I'm having the setting lock up issue. I have two apps installed that have accessibility turned on Tasker and Able Remote if I turn it off for both of these the problem goes away.
jesselockwood

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:49 pm

Thanks.

We've been able to identify a workaround in the code for then scenario and will be included in our next release.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby akula34 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 pm

When is that release expected?

Luke
akula34

Postby AdminWes » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:01 am

Hi Luke,

We currently do not have a fixed timeline/release date for this next release. We're working to wrap up our Tasker implementation now. As soon as we're ready, we will release (and include this fix).

If you are affected by the bug, please turn off the Android OS Accessibility Mode->TalkBack feature first and try MobiLinc again. If you still experience the issue, please turn off all option under Accessibility Mode.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:26 pm

I got a new device - and was seeing the lockup issue again that I first reported over here: viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2449

Seems that it's accessibility causing it for me as well - I had Tasker and Pebble installed - both with accessibility enabled. Disabling it allows MobiLinc to work. I did not have TalkBack enabled though..

I think last time - after the reset - I had not reinstalled Tasker.

However, since I got it I simply cannot live without the Pebble stuff enabled - so I'm having to leave it enabled and simply not use MobiLinc. Very annoying.

Is there any news of when this bug will be squashed?

I have also reported another issue in MobiLinc on Android - an RFC violation when making the SUBSCRIBE request. If possible, could you look a that and include a fix as well? viewtopic.php?f=46&t=2577

Thanks,

Michael.
mwareman

Postby AdminWes » Sun Mar 10, 2013 5:57 pm

Hi Michael,

We've got a workaround in place for MobiLinc. This was a difficult one to diagnose as the problem is actually in the Android OS 4.x code. We crafted a solution that carefully works around the Android problem. It will be in our Tasker plug-in release.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:43 pm

Wes,

Thanks! It's always good to find the root cause of issues like this. Is there a bug report with Google for the issue in the core code yet? If so - could you link it?

Michael.
mwareman

Postby akula34 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:45 am

When is the Tasker plugin release expected? It's been a LONG time since we've had an Android update...

:D

Luke
akula34

Next

Return to Bug Reports