Samsung Galaxy s6 Lollipop 5.0.2 no joy

Submit your bug reports here.

Samsung Galaxy s6 Lollipop 5.0.2 no joy

Postby paulw » Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:38 am

Just upgraded to the s6, was running fine on my old s4 which was never upgraded to Lollipop. Now unable to connect directly, or via connect. Any thoughts?

Paul
paulw

Re: Samsung Galaxy s6 Lollipop 5.0.2 no joy

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:08 am

Hi Paul,

Make sure you are running the latest version of MobiLinc from Google Play and also update your ISY's firmware to the latest from UDI: http://mobilinc.com/support/commonquestions/

"I'm using Android 5.x and MobiLinc is unable to connect via a direct IP over HTTPS (externally) to my ISY."

Google removed many older HTTPS cipher methods from Android 5.x. As a result, the default security configuration of the ISY became unsupported by Android 5. Universal Devices released a firmware update for ISY-994i users here that addresses the issue. Please update your ISY firmware to 4.2.30 or later.

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... -official/

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby paulw » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:05 am

Hi Wes,

Was out of town for a while. Just updated the isy to latest release, .30 if my memory is correct.

Have had mixed results. I can connect and sync but cannot get any reaction to a program run then command.

Also, if I try to turn a dimmer on by clicking the icon nothing happens, but if I use the slider it will come on and clicking the icon will turn it off.

Paul
paulw

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:26 am

Hi Paul,

I think this was you posting about the same issue on the UDI forum: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... -programs/

I think you'll need to delete the app and clear the app data again to see if that fixes the Android issue for you.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby paulw » Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:52 am

Wes,

Yes that was me, different device and OS.

Have tried several deletes of data and un/re-installs.

Here is what I am finding. Programs, then statements, do not run.

When trying to control a device sometimes using the icon will work, other times not. For dimmers the scroll bar always works, after which the icon will shut it off. However, if I go into the detail for the device the on and off work fine.

This all started with the new phone and OS.

Paul
paulw

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi Paul,

Unfortunately we've never been able to reproduce this issue. We've had a couple of reports of this and the delete/reinstall always seemed to fix whatever OS issue was happening, but again, this was just a guess on our part since we've never seen it.

I'm really not sure what to suggest at this point. In the past with the deletion and reinstallation fixing the issue for the few folks that it impacted it seemed to point to a device specific issue. But now that it's impacted you on two different phones, I'm really not sure what to make of that.

Are any of your devices rooted or otherwise non-standard? Have you tried resetting the app data, removing the app, turning the phone OFF, then back ON, and then reinstalling MobiLinc?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby paulw » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:38 am

Wes,

The delete, reinstall fixed the problem with my old Samsung s4, but so far no luck with the Samsung s6. Have not tried the powerdown before reinstall but will give it a go.

The S6 is new out of the box.

Paul
paulw

Postby paulw » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:31 am

Wes,

Looks like the powerdown before reinstall did the trick. :D

Thanks,

Paul
paulw

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:21 am