Scene and Device icon response dependent upon tap pressure

Submit your bug reports here.

Scene and Device icon response dependent upon tap pressure

Postby Cosmogeek » Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:57 pm

I have Mobilinc Pro and the ISY994i. Within Mobilinc, if I go to "My Devices" or "My Scenes" and select a device/scene to bring up it's device/scene control screen, I can tap on a command (e.g. ON or OFF) with 100% successful response. However, if I tap on a control or scene icon, my success rate drops below 25%.

What I have noticed is that my success rate increases if I try to have a quick and light tap. If I give the icon a solid thump tap, it almost never succeeds. In all cases, the icon registers that it has been tapped and flashes. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5 phone. I have gone into the phone settings and increased the "Touch and Hold delay" to 1 second. This did not improve things. I don't know of anything else to try with the phone settings.

I really have not been having issues with other phone apps, just with Mobilinc.

I read about a similar problem in another post, and the recommendation was to uninstall Mobilinc Pro, turn off the phone, then reinstall Mobilinc Pro. I did this, but it did not help. Any other suggestions?
Cosmogeek

Re: Scene and Device icon response dependent upon tap pressu

Postby AdminWes » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi Cosmogeek,

What maybe happening is that the tap/hold is triggering MobiLinc to send out fade up/down commands instead of the intended on/off. Your hint about quick taps would indicate that this might be the case. A quick tap toggles the devices/scene on/off and longer presses will fade the device/scene up or down.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Cosmogeek » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:55 am

Thanks for the reply. If I bring up the event viewer on the ISY994i, I see commands when it works (shortest humanly possible tap), and I see nothing when it doesn't work (normal tap).

Is there a way to change the sensitivity?

Have you tested this software on my phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 5)?

At least now I am able to use the application. I am up to about a 50% success rate for taps being short enough. But this still makes using the app a frustrating experience. And I'm not going to pay to have it on my other family member's phones.
Cosmogeek

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:17 am

Hi Cosmogeek,

Tap sensitivity is a hardware and/or Android OS controlled option. We don't have control over this in the app.

All our Android devices, including the closest device we have in the lab to yours, is a Galaxy S5 which works as you'd expect.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Bug Reports