Works great until I turn off WIFI

Submit your bug reports here.

Re: Works great until I turn off WIFI

Postby AdminWes » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi Jack,

Great! Glad you were able to get the network settings all correct.

Your observed times via 3G is expected. The SmartLinc's design requires many data exchanges to perform tasks like On/Off and status. As a result the cell delay you are observing is expected.

The "E" indicates that MobiLinc is connecting via the External Settings under My Settings->Lighting Controller. "L" indicates local settings.

The auto-setup is a good suggestion. A small number of router vendors have implemented a way for 3rd party products to configure the router for this kind of port forwarding. We may look at this to see if the market satuartion of these types of routers warrent the developement effort to implement this feature.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jackmar » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:21 pm

Thought I would post one last followup on this subject. As I said in my Oct 21, 2011 posting, my smartlinc would lose it's connection thru the local WiFi Linc each morning. Smarthome didn't have a solution other than a defective smartlinc, which they replaced. Problem solved. So if anyone has a smartlinc which seems to require an unplug reset, get a replacement smartlinc.
jackmar

Postby AdminWes » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:41 am

Thanks Jack for the followup.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Brossy » Mon May 28, 2012 10:47 pm

I am currently running into the same issues. I have a router/modem from Shaw (DPC3825) which I have now (called up Shaw) and have it in bridged mode (so only works as a modem). From there I have it linked to the router DIR-655. On the router settings, I have tried to using the virtual server mode with the public server as port 443 on TCP (basically set as external port within mobilinc) and then set port 9110 as the private server on the router (Local port within mobilinc). No jive with those settings, so I tried to use port forwarding instead with TCP port 443 as the open port, once again no such luck. Do I need to call Shaw (ISP) up and have them open the 443 port on the modem? Any help would be much appreciated.
Brossy

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 29, 2012 9:42 am

Hi Brossy,

I'm not totally clear on your network setup. I think this is how you have it setup:

Internet->SDPC3825->DIR-655->SmartLinc and Wi-Fi Android devices.

If so there are two layers of port forwarding that need to occur. Data coming in from the Internet needs to be portforwarded through the SDPC to the DIR. The DIR then needs to portforward the data to your SmartLinc.

Now, please confirm the following: If you go to: http://whatismyip.com and compare the IP address with the external WAN IP of your DIR then you only need to portforward your DIR device down to your SmartLinc and the SDPC is truly only acting like a modem.

If you've been able to confirm this and it still doesn't work, please send me the following:

MobiLinc:
Internal IP:Port
External IP:Port
Connect Method

SmartLinc:
IP Address
Port

DIR:
WAN IP Address
Portforward on IP
Portforward on TCP port

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Brossy » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:11 pm

Wes, I finally had a chance to test things out. You were absolutely right. Things are now set up properly. Thanks a ton for you reply. Everything works great now. :D
Brossy

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:22 am

Hi Brossy,

Excellent! Glad you got it all working.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Bug Reports