Tasker Plugin Request

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Re: Tasker Plugin Request

Postby coricidin12 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:09 am

+1. This would be a huge feature, would really open up possibilities for the whole ecosystem. It would turn the phone into a much more powerful control device for HA systems, especially as more and more phones are getting NFC with programmable action chips. Also, this would open up more possibilities for IFTTT automation, which the new competitor WeMo device is doing.
coricidin12

Postby ryanwagner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:06 am

I'd like to throw in my vote for this as well. I'd even pay more to have Tasker integration available.
ryanwagner

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks everyone. Due to the interest we are now looking into this. We'll update this thread with more information as we look into what it will take to integrate with Tasker.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dacari » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:11 am

IFTTT integration PPLLLEEAASEEE!!!
dacari

Postby dacari » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:03 am

I would give my first child for this.
dacari

Postby mwareman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:31 pm

What are you trying to do with IFTTT and MobiLinc? Seems to me we need/want ISY/IFTTT integration - as well as Tasker/IFTTT. To that end, I've been spending cycles trying to convince IFTTT to implement REST triggers and actions (a 'REST API' channel) - as this (for me) would complete the picture of automation integration. Could get everything talking then. Until then, I've only come up with partial solutions.

It's important t note though that IFTTT is about talking between two web services - MobiLinc on a device does not present such an interface.

Got me thinking though - how about this (Wes) as a feature suggestion. Providing an API to MobiLinc connect and integrating it with IFTTT as a fast trigger and action channel?

Since Connect sees ISY events thru the subscription (device and scene commands, variables, programs etc) and can issue commands to the ISY - it could operate as a fast trigger on IFTTT (the 'If This') as well as an action ('Then That').

I suspect you'll get a lot of people signing up for connect for a feature like this that might not have bothered before because they have the necessary networking knowledge to connect without needing it.

Michael.
mwareman

Postby AdminWes » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:50 pm

Hi Michael,

You are correct, in order to do IFTTT, we'd have to create that interface at the MobiLinc Connect layer and issue a public API that could be used by IFTTT. As you pointed out, I'm not sure if the IFTTT folks have REST capability yet or not to call out to another service like us.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:21 pm

Well - it would not have to be a 'public' API per-se. A private created-just-for-the-purpose API just for IFTTT to call would work for them I'm sure.

Of course - this takes work on both ends. IFTTT has a page to get in touch to begin the process. https://ifttt.com/platform. I'll take this moment to encourage you to get in touch with them - if you also feel a 'connection' would be valuable.

They DO have an API - but only make it available to partners it seems. I think you have to get in touch with them to begin.

Michael.
mwareman

Postby AdminWes » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:38 am

Hi Michael,

We've actually already reached out to them and are waiting for feedback.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mwareman » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:00 pm

Awesome! Thanks for the update.

Michael.
mwareman

PreviousNext

Return to Feature Requests and Questions