Mobilinc stoped connecting

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Mobilinc stoped connecting

Postby mrxmas » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Hi, I purchased the Mobilinc Pro for my android phone, entered the Http and Https numbers eveything worked great 3g and wi fi. later in the day it all stopped working! The numbers are all still the same, now it wont sync now...... HELP!!!!!!
mrxmas

Re: Mobilinc stoped connecting

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:43 am

Hi mrxmas,

Let me ask a few questions to help narrow in on the issue:

I'm assuming you are using an ISY controller based on your HTTPS statement?
Can you connect to your ISY through a web browser both on a local PC and through your phone on Wi-Fi?
Can you confirm that the ISY's IP address didn't change either through a powerless or a reboot of the ISY?
Can you confirm that there are no spaces in the MobiLinc IP Address or Port fields?

A simple way to get MobiLinc to auto-detect your ISY again is to create a new profile by pressing and holding the Selected Profile Row under My Settings and selecting "Create a new profile" option. MobiLinc will then auto-detect your ISY and ask for your username and password if you are on your local Wi-Fi connection.

Did any of these help?
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mrxmas » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi

Yes I am using an ISYcontroler.

I can connect to the ISY through the PC and on the phone via wi fi.

I did confirm that the IP address did not change.

no spaces in the address fields.

Yesterday I was connecting via both wi fi and 3g through my cell phone all was working for 1hr or so. then it would not connect via 3g without wi fi. I did try creating an new profile and that did not work.
mrxmas

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:44 am

Thanks. If Wi-Fi works and 3G is sporadic, then it is likely the quality of the signaling somewhere in the cellular data chain. When this happens can you use your browser on your phone to reach your ISY through 3G?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mrxmas » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:58 pm

Thanks for thoughts, however problem seem to be solved! I decided to unplug the ISY, unplugged for about a minute, and plugged in again. After that the Mobilinc app connected through 3g and wi fi. Thing have been connect in everytime since. Glad it was such a simple fix.
mrxmas

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:39 pm

Interesting fix. Thanks for the follow-up post about what it took to solve it for you.

Just curious, what firmware version of the ISY are you running?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby mrxmas » Fri Dec 30, 2011 11:36 am

Hi Wes, I have a new ISY99i Pro firmware is 2.8.16 This is the 2nd ISY the first one purchased lasted only 7-10 days. The new one has been fantastic. We also had to install an new router since the first time I tried the Mobilinc lite. With the old router I could only us at home via wifi. The old router would not configure the ISY automaticly. the new router is a linksys and automatic hooked up the internet enabled the ISY, and when I downloaded the Mobilinc Pro connected right away. So am not sure why it stop working. But when I unplugged the ISY and plugged it in everything went back to normal. has been working great for the last 3 days. Thanks for your help.
mrxmas

Postby AdminWes » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:50 pm

Thanks for the details. Glad it's back up and running again!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:21 am

Hi Norbert,

I do not think I understand your question. What synchronization requests are you referring to? What MobiLinc Server are you in reference of? MobiLinc connects direct to either the SmartLinc or the ISY not a central server.

Please clarify.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby iostream212 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 am

Hi,
I was troubleshooting my connection as well using this forum, but have not been able to fix my issue.

Background:
I have had MobiLinc installed on my Droid for maybe a year now. A few weeks ago it stopped connecting saying trouble connecting to the lighting controller. The only thing I can think of was that I updated ISY to the new official release.

Tried:
Create new profile in MobiLinc (MobiLinc did auto-find my ISY instantly)
Recheck all typing and settings
Restart router
Restart ISY (both telnet reboot and physically toggling the power).

Results:
Nothing has solved the issue yet. I did in the meantime get a new phone and have not been able to get MobiLinc running there either. FWIW I also have Conductor and that program did not experience any connection issues via LAN or WAN, through the ISY updates, and over to the new phone as well.

Thanks!
iostream212

Next

Return to Feature Requests and Questions