Mobilinc stoped connecting

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Re: Mobilinc stoped connecting

Postby AdminWes » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi iostream212,

When MobiLinc auto-found your ISY was it able to sync up and download all your devices/scenes/programs? If it did download OK, what happened later on where you noticed it was no longer connecting to your ISY?

Any kind of connection issues indicates that there is an IP mismatch between what's in MobiLinc and your ISY, or a connection issue. Also, double-check that there isn't any spaces in the IP address or port fields at the beginning or the end of the text.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby iostream212 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:13 pm

Hi Wes,
Thanks for the information. When the ISY was auto-found it was not able to sync up and download devices/scenes/programs.
To test it I changed my password to something wrong, just to see what would happen. I got a login failure message due to bad password/username combo. I changed it back and then got a could not connect to lighting controller error.
I am eliminating connection issues since I was able to get a failure based on bad password.
As far as spaces in the ip address, I also checked that. That was not an issue.
I also turned off wifi and tried to connect from wan. Same could not connect to lighting controller error.
I don't know what else it can be.
Thanks.
iostream212

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:04 am

Hi iostream212,

Sounds like it's making a connection to your ISY, but something is causing the connection to drop. In our testing on the latest 3.1.17 release from UDI we haven't seen any issues with MobiLinc on either platform. A couple of suggestions:

- Have you tried rebooting your phone?
- Have you tried rebooting the ISY?
- Are you connecting over HTTP or HTTPS in MobiLinc? If HTTPS, try HTTP.
- Try clearing out all the app data and starting MobiLinc again.

Other questions:
- What model and OS is your Android device?
- Can you reach your ISY through the Android web browser?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby chachdog » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:09 pm

This is happening to me on 2 Android MOTO x's. I tried new profiles, cleared cache, tried another wireless router setup to rule out my network. I get the errors, but then 1/2 of the items populate. I can't see any of my programs. and no sort of manual sync seems to work. device status updates are not correct. I can however control everything so it is communicating just not syncing correctly.

I tried the isy shut off for a min. no help there.
chachdog

Previous

Return to Feature Requests and Questions