Mobilinc + Smartlinc + EZFlora irrrigation control.

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Mobilinc + Smartlinc + EZFlora irrrigation control.

Postby jackmar » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:50 pm

Hi Wes,

I have a need to replace an existing irrigation controller and I know that the Mobilinc for Android software will support irrigation control through a Smartlinc controlling an EZFlora device. What level of control is possible with this combination? Can the Mobilinc Android software be used to program the EZFlora, both devices and "Programs" and various timing needs? Are there any examples available online showing sample installations including software programming? I have been to the simplehomenet website and find there is a dearth of practical information.

Jack
jackmar

Re: Mobilinc + Smartlinc + EZFlora irrrigation control.

Postby AdminWes » Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:52 am

Hi Jack,

MobiLinc for Android and EZFlora control can only control the valves and not the built-in timer function. Simplehomenet has a small utility you can download to setup the valve on times but that's about it. Using the SmartLinc's built-in web interface you could setup On times for a scene to kick the valve on at a fixed time every day.

My recommendation is if you are interested in creating custom timers and want finer control over the EZFlora is to replace your SmartLinc with the ISY-99i. The ISY-99i will give you the fine control to setup custom programs to accommodate any watering schedule you can think of. Multiple times during the day or only run on certain days, etc. There are a number of other benefits to using the ISY-99i over the SmartLinc as well including drag and drop scene and device addition/modification to your setup, real-time device and scene status, and custom program/macro capability.

We sell both the ISY-99i and the EZFlora device through our online store: http://mobilincstore.com. Right now through the holidays we are running some really great deals on the ISY-99i kits.

Please let me know if I can help answer any other questions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jackmar » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:04 pm

Thanks Wes,

I kinda thought that might be your answer, although I hoped it wouldn't be. Where does the Mobilinc software fit into the operation of the ISY-99i as it relates to the irrigation controller application?

Jack
jackmar

Postby AdminWes » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:55 pm

Hi Jack,

If you happen to have an iOS device with the Resource Manager plug-in (iOS only) and MobiLinc you could use the MobiLinc interface to setup quick and easy on/off times for your valves. Outside of the basic timer feature offered by the Resource Manager plug-in (iOS) or running MobiLinc on Android, MobiLinc will give you access to the real-time status and control of the irrigation valves and the status of all programs running on the ISY. If you setup a program(s) to control your EZFlora you can use MobiLinc to control that program manually or just log in to see the status of the irrigation program(s) or other programs.

Outside of specifically the irrigation controller, MobiLinc paired with an ISY will give you true real-time status of all your devices and scenes and well as access to your programs, weather and energy (optional module add-ins for the ISY that MobiLinc can show the end user).

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jackmar » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Back on the irrigation application, Simplehomenet is releasing a new zigbee irrigation controller which can be controlled by one of their products. Can this combo be interfaced to Mobilinc Android? Additional comments on this hardware?
jackmar

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:47 am

Hi Jack,

I just looked at SimpleHomeNets site for the new irrigation controller and didn't spot it. This is the first I've heard of it. MobiLinc can control certain ZigBee devices through the ISY-99i such as RCS thermostats and Load Controllers via ZigBee but that's about as far a as ZigBee support as MobiLinc/ISY can get today.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jackmar » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm

Hi Wes,

It's on their products/irrigation tab, called the RainBee and its 16 channels, which is what I am looking for. It's supposed to be released at CES next week. Presumably it can be controlled by their EZsrve and their newer ZBPLM, Harmony and Harmony Platinum Controllers. They are saying they will have announcements at CES. Their Harmony device appears to be a ZigBee/Insteon/X10 stand alone controller. I had just run across these and was looking for your experience/comments with them.
jackmar

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi Jack, thanks for the info. Until today I didn't know this was being announced. As far as MobiLinc support, if the UDI guys added support for this device in the ISY-99i, MobiLinc would probably require a tweak or two, but could easily support something like this if the backend ISY-99i support was there for the device.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions