Widget Without Scene Command Menu

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Widget Without Scene Command Menu

Postby scott » Mon May 07, 2012 3:48 pm

The application is great. I was wondering if there was a way to currently set a Widget to turn On a device with one click rather than opening up the "Scene Command" window.

Perhaps when creating the widget, this could be an option to either bring up the "Scene Command" window, On, or Off on press.
scott

Re: Widget Without Scene Command Menu

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 08, 2012 6:23 am

Hi Scott,

That is certainly possible, however, we picked to go the route we did to force the user to confirm the action prior to MobiLinc sending the command to avoid the scenario where someone accidentally fires off the command just by swiping across pages.

Since INSTEON is used in lots of different applications including garage doors, front doors, irrigation, etc, we went with a more conservative path to force a confirmation of the command before issuing the potentially sensitive command back to your home or business.

We'll consider adding this as an option like you suggested but would need to do it in a way where the user acknowledges the inherent risk of a direct command sitting on the "desktop" of the phone.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby scott » Fri May 11, 2012 5:54 pm

I would support this feature because I, and perhaps others, are building table-top control units where I am utilizing insteon widgets mixed with the weather and others.
scott

Postby AdminWes » Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks Scott, understood. We'll keep considering the best way to approach this.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions