So do you want my money?

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

So do you want my money?

Postby imagamejunky » Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:33 pm

Hi.
I am currently spending good money on the components for building a security/automation system in my new home. I just purchased an Elk M1 security system and an ISY994i controller.

The plan for my new house is as follows:

Elk M1 for security and some automation control
ISY994i for control and communication between system components
Automated light controls, thermostats, sprinklers
Color LED lights in some areas
IP cameras
Whole house audio/video
Touchscreen interface controllers in multiple locations
Possible voice activation of some type (I really like to looks of voxcommando right now but I'm unsure)

Here's my BIG problem..
I am ABSOLUTELY against having to purchase any dumbed down apple components. I'm not going to be using a commodore 64 either! I already own multiple android devices and want to use android tablets for my in wall touchscreen controllers. I use android phones as well of course.
From what I am reading it looks like you are limiting your possible future customers by not fully supporting android. Please tell me exactly when you will be FULLY supporting android. I want full Elk support, IP camera control, etc, etc.. If you are willing to provide us SMARTER android users with a version of mobilinc that has all of the features/control that the ios version has then I am 100% certain that you will greatly increase your revenue.
So my question.. do you want my money?

Thanks
Junky
imagamejunky

Re: So do you want my money?

Postby mwareman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:36 pm

With you on Android! I **really** need MobiLinc HD on Android! With the plugins for Elk and cameras. Its just amazing to me that Android is so feature lacking. I get that Android has Tasker integration - but that does not replace the lack of Elk support, or variables etc etc. Feature parity should be #1 where the platform supports the feature.

One question I have for OP though: what wall mounts are you planning to use for your Android tablets? I assume Nexus 7 WiFi (at least that's what I am planning to use). I've not yet found anything I like.
mwareman

Postby imagamejunky » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:16 pm

Wall mounts...
Unfortunately I haven't found anything that I like as much as the iport. I'm hoping that more manufacturers will come out with some better options. I found this one today, although I haven't found a single internet retailer that sells it here in the US. I sent them an email. It may be an option for me. I like the flush mount on the bathroom wall in the video.

http://www.vogels.com/tms-1010-tablet-w ... rettyPhoto

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwx-E7wKNt0

Junky
imagamejunky

Postby mwareman » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:51 pm

That's a nice solution, though I'm hoping to find something more in-wall (between studs) than on-wall. I'd run power in wall, and some kind of bezel to give a finished look. Of course, it would likely be tablet specific. Nice to wish I guess.
mwareman

Postby imagamejunky » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:28 pm

I now realize that the ring-o mount isn't a hardware attached mount. It's just a sticker. No thanks.

So.. Mobilinc... Are you going to release a full feature android version?
imagamejunky

Postby imagamejunky » Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:02 pm

BUMP

Wes??
imagamejunky

Return to Feature Requests and Questions