Device Presence Notice

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Device Presence Notice

Postby Jimbo » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:12 am

I have tried a few different methods to detect device presence which lets my ISY know who is home or away. The most reliable way is using tasker each device when I connect/disconnect from my home wifi. But, I don't want to install and configure tasker for everyone's device. We already have mobilinc installed on all of our devices, so it would be a simple feature to have a specific variable set/unset when the SSID of the device is set to a specific value.

Thanks,
Jim
Jimbo

Re: Device Presence Notice

Postby AdminWes » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:33 am

Hi Jim,

My recommendation would be to use an Android app/data copy app from Google Play to copy Tasker/data to your other phones if you didn't want to manually set this up for each one.

Your scenario is exactly why we added Tasker support so that you could implement specific use cases.

Another option is to use Tasker and set a program to run with your SSID detected. The program could then set a variable however you needed which in turn could trigger other events. That might be easier to duplicate across Android devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: Device Presence Notice

Postby Jimbo » Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks Wes, I already use Tasker for this, and export and import the settings across devices. It was just a suggestion to add the feature to mobilinc to make it a lot easier since a lot of people struggle with a reliable way to implement simple presence detection.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Jimbo

Return to Feature Requests and Questions