icon dashboard versus list view

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

icon dashboard versus list view

Postby MechEng70 » Sat Nov 29, 2014 6:54 am

Are there any plans to allow the user to select from either list view or icon panel view. The icon panel view could be 4 icon across and maybe 4-6 icons high. This would allow the user to see more information with out scrolling.

Thoughts?

Jason
MechEng70

Re: icon dashboard versus list view

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:01 am

Hi Jason,

Possibly. We've tried this with the iOS version and the Dashboard and have had good feedback on this change. This might roll out to more aspects of the UI, but I don't have a timeframe for this.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby MechEng70 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:01 am

Wes,

Is there any further information on an icon type GUI versus the list view? There was a recent android update and I was hoping that this would have been one of the updates. I see that the android app falls short of the images depicting the iOS and that is bothersome.

-Jason
MechEng70

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 14, 2015 7:13 am

Hi Jason,

The icons are the same in Android and iOS.

The recent updates were to address Android 5 issues specifically a workaround for a problem in the Galaxy S5 and Note 3/4.

I don't have any other updates on the Dashboard layout for Android, however, if you are an Android programmer, please see this post: http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... -june-1st/

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby MechEng70 » Thu May 14, 2015 8:22 am

Wes,

What is on your website? There is a different layout of the icons than what I have on my android? There is an iOS with a 2x4 grid layout versus the listing layout.

I wish my day job was more in depth programming. I gave that up in the 90s to pursue a mechanical engineering degree :)

-Jason
MechEng70

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 14, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi Jason,

Do you mean just the layout? In that case, yes there are differences. The actual icons are the same.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions