Switching between mobilinc connect settings and direct/stati

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Switching between mobilinc connect settings and direct/stati

Postby Chris9999 » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:11 am

I use mobilinc connect at my cottage where internet service can be intermittent (my current service is via cellular modem). When Internet service is down, I cannot use my mobilinc unless I change the connection type and then enter the static IP address for my ISY994i. To switch back from this though, I have to re-enter my mobilinc connect settings (uuid, password, etc.). I would love it if the mobilinc settings could be preserved when switching between connection methods. Even better would be for mobilinc to accept both types of connection settings and to auto-switch between the two, e.g. use direct, static IP connect and if that connection attempt fails/times-out, switch to mobilinc connect.

Thanks,
Chris
Chris9999

Re: Switching between mobilinc connect settings and direct/s

Postby mwareman » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Can't you just create two profiles? One using connect, the other direct. Then you could easily switch between them.
mwareman

Postby AdminWes » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:00 am

Hi Chris,

MWareman is spot on. In your use case scenario, I would recommend that you create two profiles. One that is only local and direct IP and one that is MobiLinc Connect. Then you can easily switch between them as needed.

See our Q and A page for profile creation help: http://mobilinc.com/support/commonquestions/

From the Q and A page:
"Does MobiLinc support multiple controllers?"

Yes! MobiLinc supports a virtual unlimited number of ISY/SmartLinc controllers.

For iOS devices, go to My Settings->Selected Profile. Tap the "+" button to add in another profile.

For Android devices, go to My Settings. Perform a long press on the Selected Profile row and select "Create a new profile".
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Chris9999 » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:09 am

Thanks for your responses -- hadn't thought of that.
Chris9999

Return to Feature Requests and Questions