No remote connection

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

No remote connection

Postby chago2012 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:24 pm

I recently purchased a Nexus 6P (which runs Marshmallow) and have it on Project Fi. I still have my previous phone, a Samsung S3, on Verizon, running on Android 4.4.2 or 3.

I installed Mobilinc on the Nexus and configured it the same as the Samsung phone. The Samsung works fine both local (connected to my home's wi-fi) and remote. I can also connect to the controller remotely using a browser on my work PC (so I know the URL/IP work). The Nexus connects just fine to the controller when local, but it doesn't remotely, wi-fi or cell network.

I do use Tasker for some control tasks. They run fine on the Samsung, not on the Nexus due to the connection problems.

I've tried a variety of things without luck, including playing with the "Aggressive hand off from wi-fi to cell" setting. I vaguely recall this being an issue before, possibly something dealing Mobilinc not handling the transition from Wi-Fi to cell very well, but I don't remember for sure or how it may have been fixed.

Any ideas what I can check? Thanks in advance!
chago2012

Re: No remote connection

Postby AdminWes » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:10 am

Hi chago2013,

Please make sure you are running that latest ISY firmware to address an Android 5 incompatibility when accessing the ISY over HTTPS (remote): http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... -official/

http://mobilinc.com/support/commonquestions/
"I'm using Android 5.x and MobiLinc is unable to connect via a direct IP over HTTPS (externally) to my ISY."

Google removed many older HTTPS cipher methods from Android 5.x. As a result, the default security configuration of the ISY became unsupported by Android 5. Universal Devices released a firmware update for ISY-994i users here that addresses the issue. Please update your ISY firmware to 4.2.30 or later.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions