Widget Request

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Widget Request

Postby guags99 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:48 am

I am fairly new to Mobilinc, but I am a HUGE fan of the widget support. It gives me some of the layout customization that the app itself doesn't. I do have one request that would really improve the widgets and make them close to perfect for me.

I'd love to see one more option when adding the widget that lets you select an immediate action rather than launching a pop-out window. It probably just needs 4 options, open window, On, Off, and Toggle. That way when I touch the widget it could just immediately send my intent without the need to select from the menu of items on the pop-out window.

Thanks for your consideration!
guags99

Re: Widget Request

Postby AdminWes » Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:52 pm

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this along internally.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Javic » Tue May 10, 2016 10:48 am

I too would really love this enhancement. Being able to configure widgets that respond to a single key press is the only thing keeping me from adding multiple touch-screens to my Automation implementation.

If you could add the functionality such that while creating the widget you also select the action taken when the Widget is triggered, that would eliminate the need to have the widget pop-up and requiring a second user-interaction. If you wanted to make it fancier, you could have a widget that would act like an on/off toggle. Further enhancement might be displaying the status on the actual widget ICON, so if a light is ON, the widget is illuminated, and non-illuminated if OFF.

I've been searching for a solution to create this functionality myself for quite some time, but I am admittedly not a software engineer and haven't found a solution that would be as clean as a direct Mobilinc widget upgrade. I've looked at using Tasker to accomplish this, but again, its not as clean a solution as i would like.

If anyone else has any ideas or things that have worked for them, I'd love to hear about them.

Thanks!
Javic

Postby ctownj30 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:42 am

I'd also like for widgets not to require a 2nd action. I'd like to be able to configure so that one touch issues the command (I'd use this to trigger programs and scenes, etc.).

I'm trying to set it up so my wife has widgets that make it easy for her to do things and the whole "remember what to press next" is messing up my program.

thanks
ctownj30

Return to Feature Requests and Questions