MobiLinc and Alexa

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

MobiLinc and Alexa

Postby gisele » Sat Apr 02, 2016 4:26 pm

I've had my ISY 994i for a while - it controls a mix of X-10, Insteon, and Z-Wave devices. I had been connecting directly to it for everything (standard port forwarding) and all worked. To get access to Amazon's Echo voice control, I switched last week to the MobiLinc portal and installed MobiLinc Pro on my Android. All good. My programs all work, lights go on and off, everything works the same as always, just with a different interface.

I've followed the MobiLinc directions ref: Alexa, enabled the skill, linked it to my account, etc. I've edited the names of my lights on the ISY Console to be more "Alexa-friendly". Alexa knows I am connected to MobiLinc since she refreshes the devices.

BUT - she does not recognize any of the "Spoken Names" or any of the actual device names. I keep hearing that there are no devices with that name... Does anyone have suggestions?
gisele

Re: MobiLinc and Alexa

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:14 am

Hi Gisele,

What's the "Vocal name" set to for an example device that isn't working for you? Can you copy/paste the exact text in the "Vocal Name" field of the Admin Console?

Also, keep in mind that whenever you change the vocal name or rename a device or scene you have to tell Alexa to refresh devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby marksch1031 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:37 pm

I'm having a bit of the same issue although it sometimes recognizes just not most of the time.

"Living Room" for example doesnt work well at all. "Sconce" on the other hand usually works.

Also, there a way to chance the work Mobilinc? That doenst roll off the tongue and makes the whole command a lengthy one. Something with one syllable would be great.
marksch1031

Postby AdminWes » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:11 pm

Hi marksch1031,

We're looking at integrating with the smarthome skill from Amazon which would remove "MobiLinc" from the command.

If you can send me a screenshot of your ISY's Admin Console->Vocal name field for those names that aren't working along with your ISY's UUID I can take a look and offer suggestions: support@mobilinc.com

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ziadturk » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:49 pm

I am having the same issue here, the thing I noticed is that ONLY Insteon devices are recognized, Alexa is repeating correctly device names spoken, and said it cannot find them, but when I say an INSTEON device's name it is working.
ziadturk

Postby AdminWes » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:16 pm

Hi ziadturk,

If you can send me a screenshot of your ISY's Admin Console->Vocal name field for those names that aren't working along with your ISY's UUID I can take a look and offer suggestions: support@mobilinc.com

The Admin Console Vocal name field can apply to INSTEON and Z-Wave devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions