Feature requests

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Feature requests

Postby jimbuttino » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:43 am

First, thanks for all the effort it took to get this release out the door. I installed it yesterday at the office and as soon as I fired it up at home using WiFi, it immediately discovered my ISY and sync’ed without incident.

The next fifteen minutes were spent in “discovery mode” figuring out how MobiLinc works and investigating its settings and options. I must say that for a beta release, this is a fairly full-featured app . . . slide dimmers, theme & on/off color settings, custom device icons, etc. Really nice effort, and I would already welcome the opportunity to pay for the app to help keep the momentum on your development effort.

That being said, you asked, so here are the requests:

- Thermostat control gets my vote as a priority enhancement

- In “My devices”, the sort bar at the top consumes valuable screen real estate. I accept the default of A-Z, but in any case, once they are sorted, I don’t ever need that bar again. A setting to hide it would be nice.

- In the “Control device” screen, a “Back” or “Done” button to the right of the “Control device” phrase would be convenient.

- Allow the “All my devices” in the “My devices” screen to be hidden. Most users create folders for rooms and never have a reason to wade through all of their devices to find the one they want to change.

- Recommend a setting to “Show scenes”. If not checked, also hide “My scenes” in the opening screen. Ditto for “Show Programs”

- A setting for “Startup screen” would be convenient, for example, allowing users to land on “My devices” when the program opens instead of always having to select it on opening.

- The “green” color you have chosen appears to be bright green and is difficult to see. It should be darkened several shades.

- The competing "Conductor" app has an indicator at the top which shows grey for no connection and uses two different green symbols when connected by WiFi or Internet. Save me from wondering about the status and might be a good idea for this app.
jimbuttino

Re: Feature requests

Postby AdminWes » Sun Apr 03, 2011 7:43 am

Hi Jim,

Thanks for taking the time to write up your features requests! We will add these requests to our list and consider them for the release.

Thermostat support is in progress and will be in MobiLinc soon.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby chipsm » Tue May 10, 2011 6:32 am

I would like to see folders made available in the Favorites. I would also like to have the optionto lock programs for view only.

Clarence
chipsm

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 10, 2011 6:44 am

Hi Clarence,

Thank you for the feedback. We will conder these for future enhancements. The idea behind favorites is to tag the most used devices, scenes, and programs for quick access. If we include folders here it starts to lose the quick access feel.

How would you like to see this implemented? If you tag a device that is multiple folders deep how should MobiLinc display the folder tree on My Favorites?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby chipsm » Tue May 10, 2011 9:13 am

You may be right, folders may be too much.
I really would like to have the option of showing Programs in the favorite, which you do now. But, I would like the options of having the programs locked, so the user cannot run or modify them by accident.
chipsm

Postby chipsm » Tue May 10, 2011 9:15 am

Also, with the advent of variables, can we have them available?
I would like to have the ability to view the status my variables.
chipsm

Postby AdminWes » Wed May 11, 2011 6:19 am

Hi Clarence,

Variable support should be possible. We'll add it to our feature request list as well as locking the programs. We'll explore the idea of locking not just programs, but perhaps options to lock differnet parts of MobiLinc Programs, Devices, and/or Scenes.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby chipsm » Wed May 11, 2011 11:36 am

Good Deal!
I am looking forward to using your program as an interface to my ISY. I am truly considering using a dedicated Tablet as a view and interface to my Home Automation System. Using a Tablet rather thn a dedicated LCD touchpad makes a lot of sense to me. A wifi enabled Tablet can offer so much more for the same or less cost of the dedicated Touchpad. I use my keypad to initiate certain conditions such as ;"Away", or "Security". All of this is cool for me because I know what all of the Keypad labels mean. But for my wife, a more intuitive Interface is necessary... as for anyone else who doesn't want to or need to understand cryptic switches.
I will follow along and keep adding suggestions as I see things coming up.
Having said all of the above, how about the ability to have customized labels for programs, scenes and devices?

Clarence
chipsm

Postby AdminWes » Fri May 13, 2011 6:53 am

Hi Clarence,

We agree. The tablet is the way of in-home touchscreen access. Please check out MobiLinc HD for the iPad as this is the basis for moving forward on to Android tablets.

As for custom labels, one feature we are working on is to use the Notes field available in ISY Devices and the Comment field in ISY Programs to look for certain tags that MobiLinc will use to override the name of the device and program with this field instead of the Device or Program name. Is this what you had in mind for custom labels?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby chipsm » Fri May 13, 2011 7:06 am

I like the idea of using the Notes field and/or the Comment field.
That is where my mind was going.

Thanks for your reply,

Clarence
chipsm

Next

Return to Feature Requests and Questions