Smartlinc?

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Smartlinc?

Postby NightScenes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:22 am

I have started installing the Insteon system in a lot of my outdoor lighting projects and have been using the Apple App for control. The MobiLinc app works on the Apple equipment with the smartlinc and does not require the isy-99i. Is there a way to use the Android without the use of the isy-99i?
NightScenes

Re: Smartlinc?

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:17 am

Hi NightScenes,

Our first release of MobiLinc for Android was to target the ISY-99i. Since that release we've been focused on the Android side to support the SmartLinc controller. Hang in there, SmartLinc support is coming.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby yeswork » Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:10 am

Hi,

I too, look forward to mobilinc android supporting the smartlinc 2412N. I am already using mobilinc on my itouch to control my smartlinc locally/wifi; I want to use my android phone with mobilinc to control my smartlinc remotely when I have no access to wifi.

One feature I really hope makes it to mobilinc/android/smartlinc that already exists on mobilinc/iphone(itouch)/smartlinc is the ability work with iolinc to see the status of both the iolinc relay and iolinc sensor. The ability to see iolinc sensor status via mobilinc/smartlinc, makes the mobilinc a really useful purchase for me. (I really know whether my garage door is open or closed).

Thanks,
yeswork

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:23 am

Hi yeswork,

We are within a few weeks of releasing a beta copy of MobiLinc for Android for SmartLinc users. This will work near identical to the iOS version of MobiLinc and SmartLinc. This includes being able to see and use your IO Linc sensor/control, the EZFlora Values, and thermostat controls for one or more thermostats.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby alikapadia » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:23 pm

Hi AdminWes,

I am also anxiously awaiting your beta copy of MobiLinc for Android that has support for SmartLinc.

Any update as to when it will be available? Will it be on the Android Marketplace?

I think this will be a very profitable project for you.

Any info would be much appreciated!!!

Ali
alikapadia

Postby AdminWes » Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:43 pm

Hi Ali,

Good news, we are launching the beta today! Check back later today for the download instructions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby alikapadia » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Wes,

I just downloaded the Beta and it works great!!! The instructions were on point and easy to follow. The app works great on both the Motorola Original Droid as well as the Motorola Xoom.

Nice Work!!!

Ali
alikapadia

Postby AdminWes » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:23 am

Thanks Ali!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby msherwin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Android Market listing for MobiLinc under Description, MobiLinc Pro Requirements states: SmartLinc 2412N Version 3.0. SmartHome says that Version 2.0 is the latest version for SmartLinc. Please clarify.
msherwin

Postby AdminWes » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi msherwin,

Version information on the SmartLinc is a bit confusing. Please refer to this post to determine your SmartLinc version: http://forum.mobileintegratedsolutions. ... f=11&t=229

As long as you don't have the 1st gen SmartLinc, MobiLinc will work with your SmartLinc controller.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests and Questions