Widgets for Mobile Android

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Re: Widgets for Mobile Android

Postby AdminWes » Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:35 pm

Understood. We've got this added to our feature request list.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ryanwagner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:09 pm

Oh, and one more thing for the widgets. I want to add a program as a widget, and in general they work fine. The problem is that you can't really customize the popup menu like you can for scenes/devices. For me that's not that big of a deal because I've set up all the ISY programs myself, but if I want my wife to use the widgets I think it will be a little confusing for her to have all of the "Run If Command", "Run Then Command", and so on.

My only thought about a good way to handle this (and I'm sure it's not a small undertaking) would be to let users customize each of the options in the menu. Maybe have an optional dynamic menu creator where people can choose to add a new menu item, then enter a name for the action, and have a drop-down menu with available actions that can be assigned to the button (e.g. "On"/"Off"/"Fast On"/"Fast Off" for devices and scenes, "Run If"/"Run Then" and so on for programs). Of course if you have something like this you'd probably need to provide a way for the user to edit the menu after having already created the widget, but you could always just make the last item in the menu and "Edit" button.

(Sorry for all the ideas... My wife and I just switched from iOS to Android (got the Nexus 4) after owning every iPhone since the first one, and we're loving the ability to use widgets. After enjoying the app for years on iOS I happily bought it again on Android, and the widgets are a killer feature for it. Feel free to ignore me though because I tend to throw out a lot of ideas.)
ryanwagner

Postby AdminWes » Tue Dec 04, 2012 6:33 am

Hi Ryan,

Appreciate the support on iOS AND Android!

We have in our plans a widget overhaul that will incorporate a lot of these idea. Thanks for the feedback!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Cal Q. Later » Fri Apr 05, 2013 7:11 am

Kid_Icarus wrote:Great feature update. Makes using widgets much more user friendly. Thank you!

The widget design was done on purpose to force the user to confirm the action.
Cal Q. Later

Previous

Return to Feature Requests and Questions