Widgets for Mobile Android

Submit your new Feature Requests and Questions here!

Widgets for Mobile Android

Postby chipsm » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:09 am

I love the new Widgets.
I would like to be able to just have the Names and not the addresses with the Icons.
chipsm

Re: Widgets for Mobile Android

Postby AdminWes » Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:08 am

Hi chipsm,

Could I get some additional information from you on this? The Widget only takes the Friendly Name of the Device/Scene/Program and displays this for the Widget name. It doesn't add in the address information. In your example, what is the name of the Widget vs. the name of the device/scene/program in MobiLinc? Assuming you have an ISY device, it should also be the same name as what the ISY shows for the Friendly Name.

Thanks,
Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Kid_Icarus » Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:14 am

AdminWes wrote:Hi chipsm,

Could I get some additional information from you on this? The Widget only takes the Friendly Name of the Device/Scene/Program and displays this for the Widget name. It doesn't add in the address information. In your example, what is the name of the Widget vs. the name of the device/scene/program in MobiLinc? Assuming you have an ISY device, it should also be the same name as what the ISY shows for the Friendly Name.

Thanks,
Wes

The way my Android phone and tablets display MobiLinc widgets is consistent with the way Wes described it - the iSY "friendly name" is shown, but the address is not. For me that's exactly how I'd like it to work.

Here's my feedback on MobilLinc widgets:

Widget Popup:
- It would be great to be able to choose which options are available when clicking a MobiLinc widget that I created.
- For example, for a scene I created to open my garage door, it would make sense to be able to have just two options (on or off), rather than four options (on, off, fast on, fast off).
- See pic below, where I resorted to changing the name of "Fast On" to "-", and "Fast Off" to "-" to avoid confusion for users.

Widget Names:
- When creating a widget, it would be nice to have the option of choosing between the following name options: A) the device/scene name that is specified in the ISY, or B) a user specified name for the widget. - The benefit is that the names I use for devices/scnenes in the ISY are often too long to fit in the widget, but I need the name in the ISY to be long enough to easily find the device/scene amongst all the others in the ISY list.
- See pic below:

Thoughts?
Kid_Icarus

Postby AdminWes » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:03 am

Hi Kid_Icarus,

For the Widget commands, thanks for the feedback. We'll look at hiding the removed commands.

For the device/scene names, are you using folders to organize your ISY setup? If you use folder you can shorten up the names so you don't have to put the entire "path" in the name. For example, create a "Master Bath" folder and place your devices in there without the "Master Bath" prefix to the name.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby AdminWes » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi Kid_Icarus,

Please update to 1.1.6 to fix the Widget blank commands from showing up.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Kid_Icarus » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:47 am

Great feature update. Makes using widgets much more user friendly. Thank you!
Kid_Icarus

Postby AdminWes » Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:27 am

Not a problem!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby tim2u » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:04 am

Would it be possible to have a widget that would toggle a device that when you press it it possible the device on or off? Current ,widgets require 2+ clicks to executive
tim2u

Postby AdminWes » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:55 am

Hi tim2u,

The widget design was done on purpose to force the user to confirm the action. We see a high risk in allowing a direct action to the device due to accidental tapping, swiping on the screen, phone handed over to a friend, etc. We purposely added the confirmation to avoid this accidental activation since common use cases are garage doors, door locks, and other security or safety devices.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ryanwagner » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 am

I'd still like to echo the request by Kid_Icarus for custom widget names. Being able to shorten the names of some of the widgets without renaming them in the ISY would be pretty nice. I understand that you can put them in folders and rework the way everything is structured, but it would just be a lot easier if I could customize the name when creating them.
ryanwagner

Next

Return to Feature Requests and Questions