Sort or arrange the module list

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Sort or arrange the module list

Postby lewisjt » Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:59 pm

I would like to drag and drop the modules in the module list to arrange them in another order other than the order that they were added.
lewisjt

Re: Sort or arrange the module list

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:30 pm

Hi lewisjt,

I've just released the 2.0 version up to Apple for approval (it could take a week or so before it is posted on the app store). iLinc 2.0 focuses on adding ISY 26/99 support, but there are a few tweaks for the PowerLinc users as well. One of the added tweaks is the devices and scenes are now pulled/added alphabetically. I'm looking at adding another feature that would allow the user to sort based on different criteria. Maybe I could support a user defined order as well. I'll have to look into that.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby alaskapb » Sat Feb 27, 2010 12:42 am

Is there the ability to sort devices by room using the 2414...am I missing something?
alaskapb

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:55 am

Hi Alaskapb,

No, not at this time. With the 2414 the device and scene list is a flat list of scenes or devices. If you have an ISY, through the ISY Java console and a PC/MAC one can create folders or rooms and group all the devices/scenes together through the Java interface. Then when MobiLinc downloads all this data from the ISY MobiLinc understands the folder structure and where each scene/device goes.

It is possible to add this device/folder organization into the 2414 side, but I'd have to reproduce all the folder creation/moving device and scenes around code that the ISY java console already does. Based on the feedback I've received the typical 2414 user has somewhere under 20 devices where a flat list of devices isn't bad or makes sense to scroll through. What I'm seeing is that as users get over 20 devices they tend to look for better Insteon management device and go with a higher end product like the ISY where folder organiztion is a must have when you are attempting to find one device out of 100.

If there are others that start to request this type of feature I'll give it more weight against the other features I'm working on.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Return to New Features for MobiLinc