What new features would you want in MobiLinc?

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

Re: What new features would you want in iLinc?

Postby AdminWes » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:00 am

I use EZRain everyday in my irrigation setup and am looking into supporting that device as well.

I just saw the garage door relay the other day on Smarthome's website. I'm guessing that it acts like a relay switch and reports ON/OFF only. If you have the garage door relay in your Insteon setup try adding it to iLinc and select the SwitchLinc as the device. See if you can get the ON/OFF status of the garage door through iLinc. If that works, I'll just add the name to the device list.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby ripper64 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:12 pm

Do you have any updates on if you will be able to support the Venstar Thermostat?

Also when might we see the next version released?
ripper64

Postby AdminWes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:28 pm

I don't have any update on the Venstar Thermostat. I'm currently looking at adding multiple devices for support in iLinc 2.0.

For now, iLinc Lite/Pro 1.1 has been released and is available in the App Store. See the main forum page for the change list.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby techlistener » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:26 am

EZUIRT from Simplehomenet looks like it would be an awesome addition to the scenes as it would allow for control of AV equipment.

I don't think iLinc can currently control EZUIRT. Perhaps I am wrong in this.

Todd
techlistener

Postby AdminWes » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:14 am

iLinc currently doesn't support the EZUIRT. I took a look at it this morning and it appers to operate similar to the EZRAIN where there are 8 INSTEON commands it will respond to (similar to the 8 valves the EZRAIN controls). If I can get the EZRAIN supported it looks like it may be an easy port to support EZUIRT.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby dgwyn » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:14 am

I'm using iLinc to control X10 devices now and love the app. I've added all of my devices and would love to see that list sorted alphabetically.
dgwyn

Postby AdminWes » Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:26 pm

Hi dgwyn,

I've released version 2.0 to the app store for approval. It could take a week or so before Apple posts it for download. The 2.0 release focuses on adding ISY 26/99 support, but there are a few tweaks for the PowerLinc users as well. One of those tweaks adds in alphabetical sorting of Devices and Scenes.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby feral » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:45 pm

It would be really good if your fantastic looking sofware could talk with a CM12 or a CM15 http://www.envioustechnology.com.au/pro ... dCode=CM12

Or is this the same as a powerlinc? I'm yet to try your demo version to confirm whether it works but the software looks fantastic!
feral

Postby AdminWes » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi feral,

Thank you for the feedback!

The CM12 and CM15 are X10 only controller products and are not compatible with the current version of iLinc. iLinc only supports the PowerLinc and ISY 26/99 devices.

Thank you for the suggestion to support the CM12 and CM15. I currently have no plans to supports these devices but may look into supporting these devices in a future release.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby feral » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:08 am

No worries. there are SDK's around for it. My current solution is to run a iphone friendly web app that talks with a dll under IIS on 2k3, The server has a couple of controllers connected. Anyhow you could open up a larger market by supporting it. ;) ;) If only X10 commander had ilinc's interface and functionality... cheers.
feral

PreviousNext

Return to New Features for MobiLinc