UI Design Suggestions

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

UI Design Suggestions

Postby techlistener » Fri Mar 27, 2009 7:08 am

Hello,

Thanks for a great product, just bought it and works great.

Assuming you consider design a "feature" I would like to make some small recommendations.

The "Favourite Scenes" is great. You have actually made a product that makes Insteon easier to use than all other existing products because you have kept things much simpler. This is great. I could recommend your app to my non-techy friends. I have been afraid to recommend other products because I will then have to do all of the setup.

My suggestions:
I would like as much screen real estate as possible for scenes as I see myself using these all the time. Could your design take the direction of other iPhone apps that have a black bar along the bottom with iconic links to the main sections of the app (in this case it would be Scenes, Modules, Settings). This would mean, if you were always in scenes you would have a bit more real estate and it would be more consistent with other apps.

Also, I would prefer the version number not appear in the title bar (v1.1).

This is a great app and these are small suggestions. With the people who use apple products design is a feature so I think my suggestions are worth mentioning.

Keep up the great work. I hope you have the means to keep updating the product.

Todd
techlistener

Re: UI Design Suggestions

Postby AdminWes » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:21 am

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the feedback! My goal for writing iLinc was to make Insteon as easy as possible for everyone to use.

I like the design suggestion. I actually started off with the tab approach and ended up modeling iLinc similar to the iPhone Email app. I'll take a look at resurrecting my tabs and see if it makes sense to convert it.

Thank you for the design suggestions and feedback!
AdminWes
Site Admin

Re: UI Design Suggestions

Postby gjfrater » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:09 pm

I'll second Todd's suggestions. Having the tabs at the bottom seems to work well.

-greg
gjfrater

Return to New Features for MobiLinc