support for insteon sprinkler controller

Post your new feature requests here! Future development features will be announced here.

support for insteon sprinkler controller

Postby gjfrater » Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:47 pm

I've downloaded your app (the lite version) and like what I see. I have two insteon sprinkler controllers that I would like to be able to control from my phone as well but don't see the sprinkler timer as a device option. Have you considered adding this, how hard is it to add a new device like this? I may decide to buy the app anyways but having this support would cause me to buy it for sure.

Thanks and keep up the good work,

-greg
gjfrater

Re: support for insteon sprinkler controller

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:32 am

Hi Greg,

You are correct, the EZRain device isn't support yet, however, I too have EZRain and am working on supporting this device in a future update.

I'm assuming that your sprinkler controllers are EZRain or EZFlora (I believe EZFlora is a renamed version of EZRain). Please post back, if you are using something other then these.

Thanks!
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby gjfrater » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:26 pm

Yeah, mine are ezrains. Well it's good to know you have them too, that tells me your even more motivated to support them then if you did not have them. :-).

Do you think they will be harder to program than dimmers and other devices, them seem like they might be?
gjfrater

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:26 pm

They are a little more challenging since there are 8 zones to program input for instead of a simple on, off, or dim command for the dimmers or switches. It's all workable, just takes time to integrate it into iLinc and test it.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby gjfrater » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:31 pm

I don't know how the whole iphone app cycle works but if you need help testing, I will volunteer.

cheers,

-greg
gjfrater

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:40 pm

Thanks!

It's been a one man show so far. If I think I can get some leverage by opening the testing up to a small group I'll send out a request on the forum for volunteers and make sure you're included.
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby gjfrater » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:30 pm

Great, I'm looking forward to it.

-greg
gjfrater

Return to New Features for MobiLinc