Mobilinc for Windows?

Looking for something we don't carry? Suggest it here!

Mobilinc for Windows?

Postby chuckrdo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:37 pm

I see IOS, and android, but is there a mobilinc in the works for Windows/Windows phone users?
chuckrdo

Re: Mobilinc for Windows?

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi chuckrdo,

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately Windows phone handsets only account for about 4% of the mobile market. As such, our Windows phone plans are on hold.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby chuckrdo » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:11 pm

lol, now why do I get that same answer everywhere? ;)

I own a surface, it's a business thing. Though I am surprised with the amount of businesses/home accounts in the Windows environment it would be the norm.
I do utilize it on an Ipad, just haven't signed up for the monthly/yearly rate as of yet. Looks like it's my only option.

Thanks for the reply back.
chuckrdo

Postby AdminWes » Mon Nov 24, 2014 3:20 pm

Yes, that is quite common. It's a chicken/egg problem. There's a small number of Windows phones out there so developers avoid them because there's not much of a market. Because developers avoid Windows phone, Windows phone market share suffers.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Ethrex » Wed Nov 26, 2014 10:27 pm

+1, I would like a Windows Phone app.

~ proud member of the 4%
Ethrex

Postby TedFay » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:49 pm

HI, while appreciate that Windows Phone is only 4% of the market, there are over 200 million Windows 10 systems in the world, along with a similar number for Windows 8.1.

I own an iPhone, but my tablets are all either Surface or other Windows 10 tablets, along with multiple desktop systems. I also have a 2015 MacBook Pro, but honestly my Surface Pro 4 is the system I wind up using the most. I have a number of Windows 10 tablets around the house which would make ideal controllers for MobileLinc. SnapSwitch exists, but it is buggy and not nearly as mature at MobiLinc.

I suspect that Windows 10 (as well as the broader Windows market) represents a vast, untapped market for your product, which you are ignoring if you are only focusing on the minimal market share represented by Windows Phone.

I for one would very much like to see MobiLinc as a Windows universal app.

As a side note, the option of having live tiles you could pin to the Start Menu for specific favorites would also be fantastic. I'd also love to see this in IOS, if there was a way to create an app icon for a specific commonly used device control, but I'm not sure if this is as achievable in IOS as it would be in Windows 10.

Thanks again for creating such a great product,

-Ted
TedFay

Return to Product Suggestions