Admin console from anywhere

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Admin console from anywhere

Postby pjibe » Thu May 09, 2013 5:31 am

Hi

I'm quite new here and I've just suscribed to mobilinc connect (annualy). With my smartphone and it works ok. But when I'm away from home and try to connect with my laptop with "http://www.universal-devices.com/99i/admin.jnlp" it shows the following error "not found"

Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong if so

Thanks

Jacques
pjibe

Re: Admin console from anywhere

Postby AdminWes » Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 am

Hi Jacques,

For Admin Console access through MobiLinc Connect, please follow the instructions provided in MobiLinc on how to do this. Please open MobiLinc and go to:

iOS: My Settings->Lighting Controller->Status->Subscription Options->Admin Console Access.
Android: My Settings->Lighting Controller->Configuration->ISY Admin Console Instructions.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby pjibe » Thu May 09, 2013 10:35 am

Hi

Thanks for the info.

I've done what it is mentionned in the instructions email. Then in my browser I had the following messages:

"The security certificate for this site has a problem.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website address.

The Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and leave this site.

Recommand Click icon here to close this webpage.

No icon recommandation continue with this website (not recommended)"

Then I choose the last option : to continue with this website

Finally the java icon showed like it was loading but nothing else happened. In the browser I can read certificate error

What should I do from now ?

Thanks
pjibe

Postby AdminWes » Fri May 10, 2013 5:56 am

Hi Jacques,

This sounds like a Java plug-in error. Can you launch the Admin Console the "normal" way by going to http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i?

Try upgrading your Java version to the latest and re-launching your browser.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby pjibe » Sun May 12, 2013 7:54 am

AdminWes wrote:This sounds like a Java plug-in error. Can you launch the Admin Console the "normal" way by going to http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i?

Yes I can launch the normal way with both of my pc and I have the latest Java version.

When the java icon showed like loading and nothing else happen, I can read in the browser line
"certificate error " and when I click on it I can read the following comments:

"No matching address

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website address.
This problem may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server
We recommend that you close this webpage"

I still dont know the problem ?

thanks

Jacques
pjibe

Postby AdminWes » Mon May 13, 2013 10:43 am

Hi Jacques,

This is expected as outlined in the email instructions. The reason for the cert warning is we must redirect the browser to the specific server hosting your ISY. All communication is encrypted via SSL, however, the browser is giving you the SSL warning when we redirect the connection to the specific server hosting your ISY.

This is expected, and we're looking at ways to upgrade our backend to prevent the browsers from issuing this warning.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby pjibe » Mon May 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Hi

pjibe wrote:This is expected, and we're looking at ways to upgrade our backend to prevent the browsers from issuing this warning.

Does that mean that I will have to wait for the upgrade of your backend to be able to use the console when I'm away ?

Thanks

Jacques

PS: I've done the same process with Mybooklive (NAS cloud) with the use of Java and didn't had the certificate error and it's working OK
pjibe

Postby AdminWes » Tue May 14, 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Jacques,

It's just a browser warning. It does not impact the operation. You can continue to use it with the browser warning.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby pjibe » Tue May 14, 2013 7:44 pm

Hi Wes
I Know, but as mention earlier I can' t load the console. The java icon is still spinning without loading the console. What should I do from now ?
Thanks
Jacques
pjibe

Postby AdminWes » Wed May 15, 2013 7:30 am

Not sure. Can you load the Admin Console the local way by going to: http://isy.universal-devices.com/99i ?

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feedback