Notification Delay

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Notification Delay

Postby Carey737 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:59 am

My notifications are taking much longer than usual to hit my iPhone. Just did a test message from isy and it took around 5-6 minutes, usually it takes 5-6 seconds. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Carey
Carey737

Re: Notification Delay

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:00 pm

Hi Carey,

I just tested the service on our end and notifications showed up instantly.

Try turning off Wi-Fi and verify that you have a good data connection to the internet. Then try triggering your notification again to see if getting off your local Wi-Fi makes any difference.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Carey737 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

Wes,

Sorry I should have said email notifications from my isy. I have been using that to alert me when a motion sensor has been activated. I just turned on notifications in the Mobilinc app for one of the sensors, and it was almost instant. Maybe it's an issue with my carrier.

Thanks!

Carey
Carey737

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:34 pm

Hi Carey,

Ah, ok. In that case you'll need to contact UDI for any questions about how the ISY sends email, etc. What you are seeing is similar to what we've seen in the past which is one reason why we added push notifications to MobiLinc Connect (iOS). They work really well (and instant) to be notified about different events in your home.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Carey737 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:55 pm

Thanks Wes.

I just fired off an e-mail to them. I will switch to push notifications until I get the other resolved. Funny thing is I can't truly remember why I was using that instead of push. I know there was a reason, but can't remember.
Getting old stinks!

Thanks again,
Carey
Carey737

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:01 pm

Sure thing Carey!

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Carey737 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi Wes,

I'm waiting on a resolution from udi, but remembered why I used email notifications opposed to push. I travel alot for my job, and when I'm away, I don't want push notifications waking me up each time the family sets off a sensor coming and going. I used a geofence to turn off email notifications from the isy if I am out of town. I remember a previous Mobilinc version having a Do not disturb function, but was not successful in getting it to work properly. Also, I can no longer find that option in the current app. I guess I could just go to each sensor in the app and turn off push notifications each time I leave, but would rather a single toggle solution.

Thanks,
Carey
Carey737

Postby AdminWes » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:21 pm

Hi Carey,

Are you using the Do Not Disturb mode of the iPhone? This is great to silence notifications when sleeping. Swipe up from the bottom of the iOS device to manually turn ON/OFF or go into the iOS Settings app to auto-configure on/off times.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby Carey737 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:31 pm

I can't use the iPhone DND. I am on call for work when I'm on the road, and unfortunately can't use that feature.
Carey737

Postby AdminWes » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:05 am

Hi Carey,

Any phone number added to your "Favorites" list will punch through the DND feature.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feedback