Push notifications just STOPPED

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Push notifications just STOPPED

Postby zeusdog » Sat Feb 13, 2016 8:50 am

Hello everyone.

I am using a 994pro with Insteon. Mobilinc Portal, and Orchestrated Mobilinc.

System was installed in mid 2015; push notifications worked well using the subscription portal. Some notifications were slow to come through on my iPad on wifi and sometimes didn't come through at all. On my iPhone, cellular or wifi , the push notifications almost always came through quickly.

Two days ago the NOTIFICATIONS SIMPLY STOPPED and haven't worked since.

Customer support answered one email and then went dark (too busy?).

Subscription service is $29.00 per year and I believe Mobilinc now runs their own push server.

Portal shows registered and active within the UD admin console while internet connection has always shown disabled. Customers service said in the one email that I was connected to their service.

This is exactly why I am worried about cloud servers...when they go down you just have to sit there and wait for customer service....grrrr. I am going to try and disable the portal and just go the old school way of port-forwarding etc.; at least I can troubleshoot that.

I have full two way control with instant updates through Orchestrated Mobilinc.

I have installed Orch Mobilinc on the wife's phone as a new install and still nothing...not a peep of a notification. I have also cycled the power on the 994 several times. What else could it be other than their server not firing a push? All three of my devices, two of which stopped at the same time and one new install that has never worked(wife's phone), have complete two way communication but NO push notification.

So, as I suspected, if you purchase the portal service with concerns of cloud stability your concerns are valid.

Wes, one of the site admins seems to always answer questions but he's only one guy and who knows if he has a family etc and simply can't get to all the emails etc.

So in summary, any help is appreciated, I'm off to try and remove the portal and just start port forwarding. If I can get it working I guess I'll try and get a partial refund on the cloud portal service (unlikely).

We use this device for security after several break-ins we are now sitting in the dark. :(

Cheers.
zeusdog

Re: Push notifications just STOPPED

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:25 am

Hello,

There are no issues with MobiLinc Connect and push. The most common reason that push would stop is that the ISY is no longer connected to our servers. Please update your ISY firmware to the latest 4.x version. Once your ISY reboots, wait 60 seconds and try triggering your push notification again.

If you've upgraded your ISY and push still isn't working please email us at support@mobilinc.com with your UUID and your MobiLinc Connect email account. We answer all emails within 24 hours M-F with limited support on the weekends.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby zeusdog » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:44 pm

"There are no issues with MobiLinc Connect and push." <--- Well, uhm, I cordially disagree.

"The most common reason that push would stop is that the ISY is no longer connected to our servers." <---You have already replied to me saying I am connected.

***Firmware is updated to the latest 4.3.26 (it was 4.3.10 at the time of failure)
***ALL other communication is OK
***Power has been cycled on ISY
***Notifications have been removed and added from all three iOS devices
***ALL devices stopped working simultaneously (Feb 11th 10AM PST).
***UD forums show that UD may have moved a server
***UD posted this on Feb 11th:

http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... ase-notes/

Release Date: 2016-02-11
[Echo]
- Improved performance for Echo/ISY Communications

***I have already emailed in the UUID and will do so again.
***NONE of my devices are receiving push notifications and ALL stopped working as of Feb11th 10AM PST.
***I I have seen recent issues on the UD forums as well regarding the mobilinc portal. It appears UD may have moved their server and some DNS addresses weren't updated. (http://forum.universal-devices.com/topi ... +%2Bportal)

***Is there any way of testing this???
zeusdog

Postby AdminWes » Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:26 pm

I've responded to you via email and am waiting for your confirmation of which device to test.

For other's reading: the UDI portal is not MobiLinc Connect. We've run our own portal service for the ISY for over 4 years now independent of UDI and their portal product. Any issues they may be experiencing will not impact MobiLinc Connect users.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby zeusdog » Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Hello all.

Problem SOLVED...but not completely understood.

It seems Apple's APNS server mysteriously invalidated my two device's PUSH TOKEN.

I had two devices connected to my ISY994/pro and both devices went dead simultaneously (no PUSH notifications).

The two devices were: iPhone 4S (iOS 7.x) and iPad mini (iOS 8.x).

Wes was able to get his lab phone to receive PUSH's off of my ISY.

I added another device (iPhone 6 iOS 8.x) but could not get it working either ( it was not previously connected to the ISY via Moblilinc, fresh install)

Solution:

Delete all notifications.

Update ALL iOS to 9.2.1

Now working better than before but the iPhone 4S is slower overall.

Thanks to Wes for the assistance.
zeusdog

Return to Feedback