Echo room support issue

Post any feedback or questions you have regarding the MobiLinc Connect Service!

Echo room support issue

Postby miataguy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:19 pm

So with the use of multiple Amazon accounts in order to achieve "room support", there are a few downsides.

1) If you ask Alexa to add something to your list, its a different list for each account.
2) Any other skills that were set up, e.g., Sonos, need to be explicitly added to each account.
3) Interaction with Amazon now goes to a different account, including Amazon prime stuff.

I choses to scrap room support, so I never bothered to test if Sonos works with both accounts, but I assume it would.

Does anyone know if there's a way to achieve the room support without incurring the issues of multiple Amazon accounts for other functions besides Smart home stuff?
miataguy

Re: Echo room support issue

Postby AdminWes » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:41 am

Hi miataguy,

There are no other known solutions. Amazon doesn't identify which Echo device heard the command to our servers so until Amazon adds that level of detail to the information we get on voice commands from Amazon and your Echo devices, this is the workaround to support room-level commands like "Alexa, turn the lights on" and only the lights in that room respond. The drawbacks to this method you identified are correct.

Wes
AdminWes
Site Admin

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:22 pm

jiuer7845

Postby jiuer7845 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:30 pm

jiuer7845

Return to Feedback